JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Carefull what you wish for...
Lake County CA is volcano country
Oregon is volcano country
Washington too.
An area normally parched and dry is now sliding due to upwelling water.
Where's it coming from?
My father's home is on Mt Konocti, just a few miles from that sub division

Years ago there was a Calypso Song called, "Day After Day".
As I remember the words went...

Day after day.....more people come to L.A.
Don't Ya know everybody the whole place slip 'en away

Where will we go.....when there's no San Di-ago
Better get ready to tie up the boat in Idaho

Jack...:cool:

Carefull what you wish for...
Lake County CA is volcano country
Oregon is volcano country
Washington too.
An area normally parched and dry is now sliding due to upwelling water.
Where's it coming from?
My father's home is on Mt Konocti, just a few miles from that sub division

Saw some good concerts at Konocti harbor amphitheater before it closed down - nice view there but its still in the Peoples Republic of Kommiefornia.

Around 137 houses gone in this one...a lot closer to us.
<broken link removed>
http://web.mst.edu/~rogersda/professional_experience/aldercrest_banyon_map.png

I think even mother nature hates kelso/longview and thinks it belongs in the ocean, or at least the river. I for one totally agree...

The first time I came up to visit seattle to visit friends and make a determination if washington was even worth looking at as a place to relocate my business I spent a lot of time watching what kind of commercials are on broadcast TV, the two that seemed most common in seattle metroplex were house leveling and haircuts. After staying with my friend for a few days in greenlake I started to realize that there wasn't a single plumb line anywhere in the 60 year old house he was renting. A few days later, I was out taking a walk around greenlake to go drop some stuff off at the post office. As long as you were on an improved/paved road, sidewalk, or path, everything was fine, if you tried to cut cross country forget it, the whole place is full of evil boot sucking mud.

This is when I started looking at other places like monroe, sultan, goldbar, startup, duvall, and that area, where the skykomish and snoqualmie rivers have essentially removed all of the volcanic tuft from the area, and scoured most of the area down to granite and basalt.

OK every time you put down pavement ,you change the flow of ground water
Every time you build a house
Every time you put down landscape plastic
A new patio
A shed
ANYTHING that covers the ground and doesn't let the water soak into the earth naturally

So we do all these things and wonder WHY ME? Well you only gave the water certain places it could go back into the ground,thus creating more water in one place than should be there.Lets say we're creating "streams" by covering the ground .
Oh yeah,before all that you cut down all the trees. You know,who's roots were actually holding the dirt in place?

Simple sh!t here,not rocket surgery.You cut down all the trees then push all the water into a few locations and VIOLA,you have land slides!

And the question about who inspected the site?
This was a rhetorical type question right?
He's the guy with the huge house the developer built for him on flat ground away from loose slopes and river banks,with lots of vegetation to hold the soil

Nature will take back what she wants when she wants, you best respect her like you would the ocean or fire.
Well stated - the earth is not, and never has been in peril - WE are the ones in peril. The Earth is a living organism that chews up, spits out or swallows at will. Kind of like the sinkholes in FL.

NO NO NO!!!!! WE DO NOT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN.

It is happening slow enough that the people will be able to leave, they will pack up thier crap and move to other states and take thier libtard ideas and votes with them. The entire west will be over run by CA liberals fleeing the sinking state.

Funny, I was just humming a certain Tool song as I read this thread...

RIP Bill Hicks.

51rsLPfVxbL.jpg

NO NO NO!!!!! WE DO NOT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN.

It is happening slow enough that the people will be able to leave, they will pack up thier crap and move to other states and take thier libtard ideas and votes with them. The entire west will be over run by CA liberals fleeing the sinking state.
I'm with you on that. It's already getting bad with them showing up here.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews