JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So here is the deal....

I have for sale two small items very gun related posted in the classifieds. Buyer 1 (B1) says he will take them, had to wait to see if ammo was going with the items or not. Ammo was sold to buyer 2 (B2) who has nothing to do with the original issue.

B1 says he will meet the following WED, about 4 days after he said he would take them. B1, texts on the Friday after he was supposed to meet me on WED, but underestimated the distance and will send payment and could I ship them to him. Not a problem, I send him my info to Zelle me the funds, less than $50.00. Week later B1 no longer answers texts or messages via NWFA. I post them back up for sale. Buyer 3 (B3) is about to send payment this afternoon. I believe 99% of gun owners are stand up guys so everybody here gets more than the benefit of doubt when doing sales here.

My question is, do I leave negative review of B1? Do I wait to see and hear what his excuse is before posting negative comments?

I don't like being negative online especially with the NWFA "family".

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SF-

Can't even answer a text? Yeah right. They brought the negative feedback on themselves. After verbally committing to a deal, then no comms? Definitely getting a red mark.

Interested in what people think about this. Hopefully a mod will reply with some policy that answers better than I can.

I think ultimately the decision would be up to you. Leaving negative feedback does suck and should be done with caution, but if the person is a regular flake and no one leaves feedback then he continues to get away with it. I understand life gets in the way but communication is very important. At the point that there is no replies the guy is just being disrespectful. He could just say "sorry, I'm no longer interested" and you could move on.

But I'm super stubborn and sometimes very argumentative so take my advice as a grain of salt. 😅

Has Buyer 1 been on the forum since he said that he would buy the item..?
Has Buyer 1 read any of the PM's sent to him...?

As far as leaving negative feedback that is up to you.
If it was me...I think that I would wait till Friday to hear back from Buyer 1 , then if no communication...I'd leave negative feedback.
That is , if Buyer 1 has read any recently sent PM's..but hasn't answered them.
Andy

I agree with comments from scatpaklife a simple courtesy answer is appropriate.
I have made 3 offers to a member regarding 3 separate posts ( for sale or trade)
I never received a simple reply on any offers. I recently see he has posted another item. I did not leave any negative feedback I simply will not consider his posts anymore.
This is a personal decision for me, but if you feel it is appropriate in your situation...
No problems here.

I use the ratings for transactions that actually happened.
I do that for a few reasons. Mostly there are facts, the sale happened, if there was an issue the sale would not have happened. Nobody can dispute those facts. They can try but it will follow them around.

If the guy doesnt want to follow through, that is his problem in my opinion. Move on to the next buyer. Block him and call it day.
By posting about it, giving him negative feedback, etc etc. You are investing more of yourself into a failed transaction than what is necessary. The rest of us dont need your saving if that is your motivation.
In other words, you are adding to the time and energy suck that the person likely is in all facets of his daily life.
Then there is the fact that life happens. You aint in his shoes and he is not in yours. Move on with life. Chit happens you wont understand all of it, nor should you try.

I'd leave negative or at least a neutral feedback as a warning to others. Only because the buyer was in fact a NO SHOW after date time and location was agreed to. The part that he ghosted you for 2 days before reaching out after a FAILED meet up is icing on the cake.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top