JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
""Norwood's wife, the documents said, told investigators he had a temper when he was younger, and that he once threatened to shoot co-workers when he was fired from a job.""

Maybe this is why the old man armed himself.
I would have used the "I feared for my life" (too old to fight but too young to die) in a situation like that.

Sounds like a case of "overcharging". They found him not-guilty of 1st Degree Murder. Maybe they should have charged him with 2nd or Manslaughter? Or maybe nothing?

But from the description, it sure does not sound like 1st Degree Murder. (Willful and pre-meditated)

Sounds like a case of "overcharging". They found him not-guilty of 1st Degree Murder. Maybe they should have charged him with 2nd or Manslaughter? Or maybe nothing?

But from the description, it sure does not sound like 1st Degree Murder. (Willful and pre-meditated)
Unless, CA has changed, such a charge includes "...lesser included offenses..." so the jury already had the option.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews