JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I removed the weaver rail and put it back on with JB weld, taking it back to the range over the weekend. The super glue was not holding well at all, most of it seemed to have cracked under the recoil load. It was easy to crack off so it did its mission very well.

With the scope mount secured I took my bubba mosin to the range and had a good time shooting it. I learned some valuable lessons like if your shooting through a barrel with surplus ammo and a scout scope, it is best to keep the scope out of the barrel. Half a bottle of lens cleaner later I was able to continue. It shot pretty badly, groups of 3, about 3 inches apart at 50 yards. I took it home and last night something came over me and I got a saw and just cut the stalk at the point where the handguard goes further. I had previously sanded this thing getting a float but that went away with the heat from a few shots. I sanded the truncated stalk and put it back together and took it to the range again tonight. It looks absurd with a mile of unsupported barrel sticking out, however after playing at 50 yards and setting the scope, I got two, five shot groups on target with each within 3 moa using light ball surplus ammo from Bugaria. I'm well pleased with my amazingly ugly rifle and there is a real pride in knowing that I did it myself, lol.

Cut e'r down to a usable length! Maybe even add some black plastic and a quad rail. If you put a bungee cord on the bolt front and rear you might be able to bump fire it and get some full auto out of e'r. 6 pos tapco stock and a fore grip and you've got a room clearin son of a gun! Yee Haw! Get me the hot wrench, I wanna make the first cut.

My wife thinks it's beautiful, goes to show that ya can't listen to a woman.

Cut e'r down to a usable length! Maybe even add some black plastic and a quad rail. If you put a bungee cord on the bolt front and rear you might be able to bump fire it and get some full auto out of e'r. 6 pos tapco stock and a fore grip and you've got a room clearin son of a gun! Yee Haw! Get me the hot wrench, I wanna make the first cut.

My wife thinks it's beautiful, goes to show that ya can't listen to a woman.

:s0122:

Kind of cool how my WTT post has turned into a discussion thread :s0114:4

I'm cool with it if the mods are:s0155:

I have already started the bubba process its by stripping the stock and fixing the crack in it but i also cut it down have not took the sawsall to the barrel yet has i run out of blades . removed the rear sight but still need to find a weaver base made of weldable steel , im not gonna glue it im gonna mig weld it that will be a solid base just got to find a affordable scout scope that won't fall apart Bugeye sounds like your cheapo is holding up pretty good what brand and model is it?

and very interresting about cutting the stock wish you could have posted results before i spent 2 hrs sanding and refinishing my stock when i have a cut down at the extension stock off my remington mosin i bubbaed last year i would have used it but i think its but ugly with the short stock and long barrel

since i have only made improvements and have not taken the saw to it its still up for sale or trade well until i get a new blade or get my compressor working

mobubbasin should be my new profile pic? maybe?
That didn't work, I guess I need to find someplace to put pics up on the web so they can be linked to here.
It's pretty hard to put a pic up in here, unless I'm missing something.

Superglue...JB Weld...mig welding...(mumble, mumble, mumble)...I think I'm going to go sit in the corner and drool down the front of my shirt for a while. It might make me feel better.

Keith

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top