JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
for the 12th, Count me in. 9-9:30 Wish I could have a BRAT with you all. JAC and WakeAdrian, I'll cover your side of things. You can cover me next time family comes first in my house. Can someone lead me in? I'll either have the truck and trailer or little volvo (from SW Portland.)

Yup I can lead you in tomorrow morning. I'm planning on heading out around 8:30 and I'll stop off in North Plains at the McDonnald to grab a bite. If anyone wants to meet up there and follow me up around 8:45- 9:00, I'll be in a red Nissan pickup with a red canopy. Hope to see everyone up there, it should be a good day.

So I am planing on bringing my utility trailer, a magnet, rakes, shovels, some plastic bucketss and a few garbage bags.

Work gloves could be in order.

I would like to see the debris recycled to the extent it is practical, I have no idea how much refuse we will actually find and haul off, and i am thinking the dumpster at Browns Camp might not hold everything. So if I haul away the sorted recyclables that should free up some room in the dumpster. Recyclables can be disposed of for free, or if any one is interested in selling the metal as scrap it's all yours.

Whew, just got in the door.
What a great event and good turnout. Altogeter we had 12 bodies cleaning up (including 3 kids). The quarry looked great when we were done. I'd say everyone helped haul out two trailer loads of debris. Took us about 3 1/2 hours to get it done. I think Muddman got some before and after pics on his phone. Hopefully he can post them. I'd like to say it was great meeting everyone who attended and a big thanks for all the outstanding work.:s0155:

Stephanie Beal did show up (a little late due to other respisibilities) and was very pleased. She provided us with Trash bags and cold drinks. She said we as shooters, earned a lot of points in the eyes of the Tillamook State Forest Service. We discussed our group from NWFA formaly adopting the quarry to do a cleanup 3-4 times a year. The forest service would put up a plaque in our honor and give us priorty for a group camp site if we chose to camp out on the dates of future cleanups. I have the paperwork that needs to be filed for this to happen. I thought I would make mention of it now but I will start a new thread with this proposal later on to get everyone's feedback. I need to hit the shower first.

P. S. The following bbq that the forest service put on for all of the volunteers was great! Thanks. For all of you who passed on it you sure missed out.:D

Thanks to all that showed up.:s0155:
No before pics, just action and finished shots.

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

It was hot, but the clean-up project sure made a huge difference! I'm proud to have been a part of it.

Sorry I missed the BBQ. The heat was starting to get to me and I needed to get, and stay, out of the sun for a while.

Also good that our efforts have been noticed by the OFS. Every little bit helps the cause!

Take care,
Frog.

I can't believe I had to miss this. Jenny and I were all set to head out at 8am when my dad called to make sure I was going to the 'family reunion' I knew nothing about. I initially said I wasn't able to make it, but he gave me one of those parent guilt trips that are so hard to resist.

I also want to say thank you for everyone that took part in the organization and execution of this. Projects like these make each and every one of us gun owners look better, something that rarely happens now days. I also want to thank you for associating NWFA with this. I'm definitely going to the next one ;)

This was a great event. It looked good afterward, NWFA looked good and best of all we got to meet some fellow shooters. Sorry I had to miss the BBQ but I had a 5 year old grandson in the hospital with a compound fracture.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews