JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What lower do you use with the BRN-180?
Any Ar15 lower. If you want to have a pic rail mount folding brace or stock you just thread the adapter into the receive instead of a buffer tube. Or use adapter if you want a different type of brace or stock. Or just a reg buffer tube if you want. Example pics from web.
0624201219-2048x1152.jpg
images.jpg

Night and Day difference from the O.G. AR-180 and todays version, all for the good on what was arguable a better rifle to start with! While I loved my Original,, I hated it's SUPER S-L-O-W twist barrel, and the stock folded to the wrong side, seriously dumb little details like that ruin an otherwise outstanding rifle! Last is the funky charge handle, it's too funky, sticks out too damn far and snags every damn thing, and really puts a hurt on you if you sling it or carry in any other means other then in your hands! These new rifles sure do look slick, but I gotta say, there are better options now-a-days, and i'm still looking for a Robinson XCR 11.5 inch with freefloat tube instead of that Gawd Awful quad rail system they all had to have! On the unobtainum list, the SIG 551 would be another most excellent little carbine, especially with all the tasty goodies Obummer banished through his ITAR and Import bans! Dream Build is still the Surbu Side Charger as an SBR with all the choice goodies!

My take, Hell Yea, Get you one, you'll love it!

I found these online that are a hard nylon like material, and will be installing it soon. The website describes exactly my experience so I am obviously not the only one this has happened to. Hopefully it fixes the issue.

View attachment 1275125

Man, the whole house stinks today. Got the puppy right in the face.
Gbirk: "Man, the whole house stinks today. Got the puppy right in the face."
Don't they always? The one thing I DON'T miss about my pack of samoyeds is their predilection for assaulting skunks and porkypines... The one usually means a ride to the groomer, the other to the vet..$$$$$ Gotta love😘 em anyway, tho...

What lower do you use with the BRN-180?
You can use any AR-15 lower or either of the specialty Browning lowers. One Browning lower looks like the AR-180 lower, the other one more AR-15 like. The main difference between these and an AR-15 lower is that don't support a buffer tube and natively accept folding stocks.

Looks to me like the PDW rails are below the buffer tube, so they should clear the upper entirely. Just look at any side view
That pdw adds a lot of length that can be eliminated by using a folding stock. Perhaps there is a pdw brace that collapses a lot smaller I don't know but that one sure adds a lot of length.

Contrast the length of that one when collapsed vs. a folding brace/stock which is much shorter. My 10.5" brn-180 for example is almost exactly the same size as an mp5 (when both of them have their braces folded).

Example pic from internet
732A3688-CDF4-47CD-A560-447E79BFFAA8.jpeg

Last Edited:
That pdw adds a lot of length that can be eliminated by using a folding stock. Perhaps there is a pdw brace that collapses a lot smaller I don't know but that one sure adds a lot of length.

Contrast the length of that one when collapsed vs. a folding brace/stock which is much shorter. My 10.5" brn-180 for example is almost exactly the same size as an mp5 (when both of them have their braces folded).

View attachment 1277610
Yes, I am considering getting a Strike Industry PDW Stock (the design looks pretty cool). I fear it may look like this and block the dust door.

Untitled-1.jpg

View attachment 1277610
How long is the barrel on your MP5?

How long is the barrel on your MP5?
Regular size, 8.9" or whatever it is. The brn -180 flash hider sticks out a tiny bit further then a mp5. If flash hider were removed they would be almost identical length.

Both of these can be carried in an mp5 size shoulder holster but both are a bit awkward due to length. The short "k" version of the mp5 (4.5" barrel or whatever it is) would be better for that. Both the reg size mp5 and brn-180 fit in this sling pack with tons of room to spare. Enough room that it would fit with a suppressor attached.

BFB41EAF-57C0-410F-A97F-5CB206D5F7CD.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews