Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

BREAKING: Ted Nugent’s Wife Arrested at DFW Airport

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by erudne, Aug 29, 2013.

1. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

BREAKING: Ted Nugent’s Wife Arrested at DFW Airport

“Ted Nugent’s wife Shemane Deziel was just arrested at an airport in Dallas, Texas,” tmz.com reports, “and sources tell us it was because she brought a gun into the terminal. The arrest took place at Dallas/Ft. Worth International Airport. It’s unclear if Ted was with Shemane at the time of the arrest.” The odds that Ted’s wife wanted to use her concealed carry firearm to do mischief to anyone are about as great as the chances that Kiss My Glock will be played at the next Presidential press conference. If the story pans out, Mrs. Motor City Madman will join the throngs of dopey U.S. gun owners who forgot to disarm before facing the TSA’s blue shirted goons. Whether she retains her right to keep and bear arms is yet to be determined. Time to lawyer up and get down (on bended knee

2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Need more info though. It's legal to carry in the non secure areas of an airport, but, if you try to go through the security screening you're toast! However, some airports personnel consider any place to be a no carry zone and might have overstepped their bounds on this one.

Deen
    NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    Defender of Freedom Award
    Second Amendment Foundation Member
    Washington Arms Collectors Member
    Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

ZigZagZeke and (deleted member) like this.
  3. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

:huh: Very Disturbing...............

4. jjackffrost

jjackffrost central oregon Active Member

take a gun to portland airport and go to jail do not pass go. non secure areas of an airport or not. if they see it you are screwed

5. SCARed

SCARed Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Which is not within the law. They "shouldn't be" arresting people for lawful CC in the un-secured parts of the airport.

6. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Seems to me I read a news article that, in fact, they were now allowing concealed carry in the non secure areas of PDX.

7. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

It is been like that for years. I always carry around the airport but not the secure location. OFF won the law suit against port of pdx a few years back.

8. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Looks like she forgot she had a gun in a carry-on bag (purse??) and it was detected at the security
    checkpoint. Stupid---but not all that uncommon.

9. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

It happens far too often...and it makes me wonder if these people need to re-examine their carry practices...

10. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

Wonderful. The wife of our self-appointed "spokesman" (Who I think does us more harm than good) gets busted doing something UNFORGIVABLY STUPID, which the antis will use to once again point out how irresponsible, stupid, dangerous etc. we all are.

She didn't just carry it into the terminal, she tried to get it on the plane in her carry-on luggage.

She "forgot" she was carrying it? I fly with guns occasionally, but I've never "forgotten" that I was carrying one. A stray round in a purse I could buy. Maybe even a full magazine. A loaded revolver? RUFKM?

PopsBdog, Trlsmn, pdxjohann and 3 others like this.
  11. U201491

That was a bees nest a couple years back and I thought that bs was stopped in areas prior to TSA gate entrance inspection points???

12. U201491

Yes, thats what I remember too.

13. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Misterbill, who cares what the "antis" think of us. They already think of us the way they think of us and frankly, I could give a flying fk what they think.

As far as Mrs Nugent goes, perhaps she carries so often that is a completely natural way of going about her daily life. I'm not a mind reader, so I don't know what she was thinking and neither does anyone else. Maybe it was a few days before here 'special time' and her brain was on hold....that is something I can certainly understand.
    Just saying...

BDA.45, bcdon, ZigZagZeke and 3 others like this.
  14. Misterbill

I don't care what they think. I care that we give them ammo which they can use to sway people on the fence.

I carry every day. I have carried every day for nearly 30 years except some time spent in places it was illegal to do so. It's "natural" for someone who lives the life purported by her own reality TV show, in which she is engrossed in guns and gun rights, to "forget" they had a loaded gun in their carry-on? Sure.....

And here's your special prize for sexist comment of the month. Yes, those poor ladies, once a month they're just incapable of not breaking well-known laws. Pulease.

15. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Someone pound sand in your mangina today there skippy?

16. PopsBdog

PopsBdog Southern Oregon Active Member

Stupid is as stupid does.

17. Kid@Heart

Kid@Heart Vancouver, USA Cynic Lifetime Supporter Diamond Supporter

Now, I'm thinking this could get really entertaining...

:boxing:

18. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

I'd frisk her....;)

19. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Full cavity search... ;)

20. Misterbill

I confess. Because I find a comment that specifically states that women can't be held accountable for violations of law because they are menstruating, to be sexist. Ask your wife or daughter (I have both) to read the comment then get back to me on the whole "mangina" thing. Or don't, I'm pretty much done with this thread.