JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Boy Scouts should be for boys... I'm an eagle.

I do however understand that the Girl Scouts are mindless with their activities and need to give women more options then basket weaving or cooking.

Biggest issue with mixing genders is that EVERY function would not only need a male but also a female chaperone.

How many of those moms are willing to step up and outfit themselves and their daughters for time in the outdoors; then go on sometimes week long trips.

That and if I had girls to distract me in scouts, I would have never learned my knots.:D

Hey, If they accept girls they will at least have someone to show the boys how to wear a tutu . . . And the real reason for forming the "Tinker bell" patrol will not be so obvious!?!?!?

Sheldon

Hey, If they accept girls they will at least have someone to show the boys how to wear a tutu . . . And the real reason for forming the "Tinker bell" patrol will not be so obvious!?!?!?

Sheldon

Here's the patrol leader........:rolleyes:........"Moschino Barbie is so fierce,"

Why must they further tear apart and pervert traditions?

If they have a problem with the girl scout activities, make them step their game up.
They need to quit making/forcing this gender tolerance PC crap into every way of life.

Boy Scouts are for boys, Girl Scouts are for girls. Same goes for bathrooms.. Unless those "unicorns" got a twig and berries between their legs, they should either start their own orginization or make the girl scouts step up with activities.

Boy Scouts of America changed a lot since back when I scouted (mid 60s).
The organization split, Trail Life USA formed. Article
Appears Girl Scouts split, American Heritage Girls formed. Article

Our daughter spent a year and a half in American Heritage Girls. It's a good organization. They are very strong in patriotism and there is no PC B.S. in their meetings. One of the first badges they are to earn is the American Flag badge. No apologies given for loving this country and for celebrating those that founded it.

We moved to another group known as Frontier Girls due to our schedules not aligning with AHG. Very similar group, a good one for raising girls that will believe in the things that made/make this country the best on the planet.

Both groups refuse to bow down to the current trends, so if they have to remain in the minority, they will do so, happily, in order to keep their groups true to their path.

Ok I am going to sound sexist but boys, they need to know how to be men. And why yes our mothers help us become men. The boy scouts was and is designed to help boys turn into men.
CS,BS, Eagle Explorer and Assist Scout Master for 4 years I saw no place at all for cross gender that and you take pre-teen boys and get them around girls and scouts become about those pretty looking nice smelling things at the camp ground and not about the smelly, dirty ones.
I am so tired of society thinking the doctrine set forward 10,000 years ago to help boys become men is some how today wrong ? I call BS, this is not a place for both genders unless you want more Jenners in your troop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I am going to sound sexist boy boys need to know how to be men. And why yes our mothers help us become men. The boy scouts was and is designed to help boys turn into men.
CS,BS, Eagle Explorer and Assist Scout Master for 4 years I saw no place at all for cross gender that and you take pre-teen boys and get them around girls and scouts become about those pretty looking nice smelling things at the camp ground and not about the smelly, dirty ones.
I am so tired of society thinking the doctrine set forward 10,000 years ago to help boys become men is some how today wrong ? I call BS, this is not a place for both genders unless you want more Jenners in your troop.

And more Jenners is exactly what those pushing for this wants. I have a feeling its not the girls who want into the boy scouts, but are being pushed either by parents, or others.

I am so tired of people trying to deny the obvious. There is not one biological explaination for "gender identity" confusion. One look in your pants should solve all the confusion anyone might have.

Ive said it before, if you want to solve crime problems in this country, fix the system that pushes fathers away and give boys role models. BSoA is one of the last organizations that help expose boys to male role models.

Last Edited:
I was in Civil Air Patrol but never scouting. CAP had a much harder military orientation, and mixing boys and girls was not a problem. You learned real fast that the girl who was a couple years older and higher in rank could really make your experience rough if you were disrespectful or insubordinate. Even with that, I also guarantee you that boys and girls got together for off duty fun and games at various functions. I heard that happened, never participated in any.:eek:

As an Eagle Scout myself, I knew that if you put 14 yr old boys and 14 yr old girls in the woods together, you would end up with Scout babies.

Sorry if the Girl Scouts don't meet their desires.

I was always embarrassed I only made 2nd class . . . That is, before the changes in BSA over the last few years. Now I don't have to endure the questioning looks reserved for those of longer membership and higher rank. And, I am no longer on any list of contributors!!!!

Sheldon

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads