JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
BELLINGHAM, Wash. – A 10-year-old boy with a BB gun saved his mother’s life after she was attacked by a man renting a room at their home Tuesday.

Bellingham Police say they were called to the home in the Roosevelt neighborhood around 7 a.m.

The homeowner, 46, told police that the 45-year-old man renting from her came home, apparently drunk and angry because his room was in disarray.

The renter allegedly kicked in the bedroom door, attacked the woman and started choking her.

"He assaulted the female while she was in bed tried to strangle her," said Office Mark Young with the Bellingham Police Department, "and during the commotion her young son came to her rescue."

The boy swung a board at the attacker, who chased the 10-year old through the house. In the commotion the attacker, identified by police as Paul R. Newman ended up locked out of the house and trying to climb in through a window. When the mother tried to close the window he grabbed her and threatened to kill both of them.

That's when the boy ran and got his pump action BB gun.

"He shot him." said Officer Young, "at least four times we believe."

It was enough to end the attack. The boy and his mom were able to run from the house and dial 911.

Wonderful story. Brave kid and cool in a very stressful situation. I don't think I know many adults that could have handled that situation as well as he did.

Typical crazy right-wing brought up child.

How dare he nearly save his moms life and/or dignity by using possibly deadly force.

/sarcasm off

Rock on kid! Stories like this will never make news sadly (at least mainstream).

Why would a civilian EVER need any kind of firearm!!!??? How dare we protect ourselves!!

/sarcasm again

Typical crazy right-wing brought up child.

How dare he nearly save his moms life and/or dignity by using possibly deadly force.

/sarcasm off

Rock on kid! Stories like this will never make news sadly (at least mainstream).

Why would a civilian EVER need any kind of firearm!!!??? How dare we protect ourselves!!

/sarcasm again

I agree with everyone on here! Great job kid! He should get a 10/22 for Christmas! However, I did read about this in the main stream media. The posted link WAS from King5 afterall.

That kid could have shot his eye out, but he saved his moms life and his own. I think the boy deserves a .410 for when this guy gets out of jail, seriously only assault and harassment? Sounds like attempted murder when he strangled her (but I'm no police officer). I hope this boy and his mom have a Merry Christmas while this scum bag is behind bars.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top