JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Instead buying an overpriced river Blackhawk conversion, I bought a cylinder and can now shoot 9mm from my .38/.357mag revolver.
I was going to get a spare cylinder for my S&W 27 but it was $70 and $350 to have it converted to 9mm. This ruger route was $100 shipped to my door.

has anyone one else used a revolver for a caliber that is was not necessarily built for?
Im sure Im not the first guy.
I have not shot it yet but every thing appears to look correct the cylinder locks up, and timing seems correct. anything I should check or look at before Demo ranching this Ruger?

The only issues I hear about are accuracy related to the smaller bullet diameter.
Brad Miller just did an article in Shooting Times about this exact issue. Using a S&W 67 in 38 Special he loaded and shot groups with both .355" and .357" bullets of nearly identical construction, shape and weight.
Depending on powder chosen, the "9mm" bullets either shot slightly worse, the same or slightly better than the .357" bullets.

Ruger has been making 357/9mm Convertible Blackhawks for years. Never heard a complaint of poor accuracy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top