Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Bosnian M48 Sniper Rifle

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by my65swede, Mar 9, 2011.

1. my65swede

my65swede Beaverton Oregon Active Member

Bosnian M48 sniper rifle with original wartime scope and mounts. This is not one of the put together rifles with a modern 6 power Zrak scope. The scope is an original serial numbered Zrak ON-76B 4X with built in sunshade. The scope is cammed for 8mm Mauser, 100-1200 meters. It also has a tritium illuminated retical (although not working because tritium depletes after 10 years) It has it's original sling and cleaning rod. All numbers on the rifle are matching. I'd rather not sell it, but the truck needs tires if it's gonna get me to the range.

Here is a link to some high resolution photo's: M48 pictures by my65swede - Photobucket

Asking $1,175 OBO. Contact Jim at 503-828-2717 or 503-336-3558

2. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Nice rifle!

3. my65swede

Thanks man, looks like you're the only one that noticed. You know even a fake takes about $900 buck to build. I don't think I'm asking too much. It's probably going to take a lot of patience on my part to sell it. That's ok, I'm looking forward to shooting it more this summer anyway ;).

4. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Nice looking gun.

5. my65swede

Thanks.

6. my65swede

I really don't want to list this on Gun Broker because of the fees, any suggestions?

7. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

I'd recommend joining Gunboards, a large national forum, and listing it there. The board's focus is primarily antique through modern unbubba'ed military rifles. Joining and listing are free.

Keith

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  8. my65swede

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

9. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

You are welcome. I've been a member for years, and have had good transactions throughout, from $10 slings through multi-thousand dollar rifles. I expect that with a national exposure, you should do well.

Keith

10. my65swede

Looks like a pretty cool site. I guess because it's the weekend the Mods are off and I can't log on yet. I do appreciate the tip. I think my dad uses GB to buy and sell the .22's he collects.

11. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I'm on Gunboards, and it's a great site. This site is great because it is local, but Gunboards also has its strengths, because there are members from all over the country, as well as international, and is great to connect with people who have the same specialized interests.

12. my65swede

SOLD

13. zane

zane Vancouver, WA Member

Great to see someone appreciated the rifle and had the money to buy it! Rare mil-surp items are hard too sell until you find the right buyer...