JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For anyone who enjoyed the movie "Sully" this year, the book that the movie was based on, has now been renamed "Sully", and is available in paperback now. The book goes into far greater detail about Sullenberger's personal life, which is quite a fascinating story.

9780062677303.jpg

Sully: My Search for What Really Matters: Chesley B., III Sullenberger, Jeffrey Zaslow: 9780062564320: Amazon.com: Books

Another good WWII era read is : The Long Walk by Slavomir Rawicz.
Rawicz was a Polish officer who was sent to a Soviet Gulag in Siberia.
He and six others escape an make their way to British held India.
Quite a read showing just what a man will do to be free.
Andy

Great book.

It's kind of funny that I was given The Long Walk because at a cook out, a neighbor and I somehow got into a discussion on the topic of Sasquatch/Yeti's.

Right now I'm trying to read The Civil War: A Narrative by Shelby Foote. I couldn't help but to get it, I found the box set at a thrift store for like four or five dollars.

Ray

If you can find a copy of East of the Sun and West of the Moon by Theodore and Kermit Roosevelt , you have one heck of a travel and hunting tale.
The brothers Roosevelt hunt and travel through India , Kashmir ,The Himalayan mountains and Turkestan.
Andy

Last Edited:
Yet another great read is :Five Years To Freedom By Nick Rowe
Rowe was a Special Forces advisor in VietNam who was captured in 1963.
He escaped captivity in 1968. ( one of only 34 officers to do so)
Rowe later ran the U.S. Army's S.E.R.E School.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR