Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

BLM maps for OR?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by RifleEnthusiast, Jan 17, 2012.

1. RifleEnthusiast

RifleEnthusiast Close to Oregon City Active Member

Does anyone know where to get BLM maps online for OR without having to physically go to a BLM office?
    Or better yet suggestions for outdoor shooting areas close to Oregon City :)

2. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

there are some online if you google them, unfortunately they come in pdf format and would cost a fortune to reproduce, not to mention bulky. you can purchace maps online, but you are never sure they are the ones you want until you get them, most wont refund the purchace price. best bet, research and buy from the source. as for close to Ore. City. i go up hillock burn rd. or what used to be squaw mtn. rd. to shoot. can be pretty challenging this time of year.

3. SAR1846

SAR1846 Oregon Member

I use geocommunicator (geocommunicator.gov) to check BLM land ownership. But I'd also follow up with a quick phonecall to the local BLM office to see if there is any restrictions on the property... give them the Township/Range/Section & ask to speak to their Law Enforcement Ranger.

4. Gaius

Gaius Oregon Member

You can purchase ODF maps from your local ODF office if they have them is stock. It shows Fed, state, and BLM lands.

5. dir1978

dir1978 gresham New Member

When I called to see if ODFW had the map I needed they told me they would mail what ever map I neded from a different office to my home. They are really good maps.