JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ive been looking to upgrade my 1st aid kit with something like this since blood loss is the most preventable cause of death from injury.
But do you know if this stuff is like the 'Sulfa powder' of old, where there was a risk of forming blood clots leading to heart attack if it got into any veins?

Ive been looking to upgrade my 1st aid kit with something like this since blood loss is the most preventable cause of death from injury.
But do you know if this stuff is like the 'Sulfa powder' of old, where there was a risk of forming blood clots leading to heart attack if it got into any veins?
I believe any hemostatic agent there is some risk, but modern hemostatics are much better at coagulation much more rapidly on just surface proteins.

I think misapplication is the key in increased risk factors though. Some instances where one might be tempted to apply it should be avoided and use compression only. IE., Deep abdominal and chest wounds. Open skull fractures... and the like.

Like any "advanced" medical intervention... education is key.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top