JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Remember the days of 2400 Baud modems, dot matrix printers, and BBSes? How about downloading survival text files from said? Well, there is a collection of files from that era for your viewing enjoyment here.

Some are helpful, some are neat-o only from a historical standpoint, quite a few are crapola, and there are some that are outright bizarre. Still, just passing it along for the fun.

For nostalgia purposes, I decided to print one out on the one and only impact printer we have on our home network.

dot.jpg

(Beats cabin fever ... I think.)

Is that one of those "hand-crank" computers? LOL. Good group of files, dated in a few places. Interesting that we can get all this on the net in 5 min time now days. Thank you for sharing!

I took a bunch of .pdfs that I thought would be needed in the event that the SHTF, copied them onto a DVD and tossed it in my faraday cage - cough**Metal Garbage Can** cough**. Now, if we take an EMP hit from Korea before I get a laptop wrapped and stuffed in there, then I'll most likely be looking for a workable laptop from a neighbor, there are a lot of preppers in the area. Things like denitstry with no dentists, gardening, edible plant id etc etc. Things that may come in handy if the stuff really hits the fan. Interesting that although the internet was developed as a means to share info in the event of a nuclear war, by most modern accounts, there won't be an internet if it happens. We'll see, Korea is next on the tick list, and it's going to start getting real in @ 1 month. It's coming up fast, and it's coming up for real. If folks havn't done so yet, get some 6mil clear plastic, duct tape, iostat pills and gas masks.

PDF's like: http://www.themodernsurvivalist.com/archives/2471
and
Free Downloads
http://www.preppers.info/Free_Downloads.html

"They're not waiting for the calvary [cavalry]; they're looking to eat the horses if they come this way."

Nice sentiment, despite the misspelling.

Nice collection. I used to run 9600 and multi link two of them, did that with the 56K later thought I was blazing fast LOL Ahh back in the day when BBS meant something else.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top