Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Black Aces Tactical

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Modeler, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Has anyone seen or used a gun by Black Aces Tactical? It looks like they convert Mossberg 500 shotguns to run Saiga 12 mags instead of the stock tube magazine. It looks like a great idea to me, does anyone have any personal experience?

2. curtisP

curtisP Ashland, Oregon New Member

I own one, but am putting it up for sale here shortly!

3. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

How about giving us a few pros and cons.....:D

Personally I've been looking at the MKA 1919.:eek:

4. curtisP

Pro. I love the size. Sporting a legal barrel this short is pretty neat, and with the folding brace it packs down so small I can't believe its legal. Fits in a small backpack. The magazine feed is novel, and one can even purchase a ProMag 20 round drum. I've seen videos online of folks emptying 10 rounds in seconds, even though I was never able to duplicate that speed. I bet those videos are taken after the slide has loosened up from more use, but mine is new, so I couldn't match those guys online.

Con. I have to admit, the recoil is a bit much for me to enjoy. After emptying that 10 round mag, I preferred switching back to my AR for plinking fun. It just never felt "right" in my hands, even though everyone else in my group loved it. They weren't able to afford it though, or I'd have sold it on the spot. I also didn't like the magazine placement for some reason. Maybe I'm too used to my KelTec KSG, but having that mag hanging down didn't appeal to me. Doesn't bother me on my AR though, so I can't explain it.

5. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well, I'm with your buddys. To rich for my old, fixed income, blood! Cool shotgun though!
    I'm curious, is there a cutoff that enables use of either the tube or stick magazine, at will?

6. curtisP

No cut-off, it's stick or drum magazine only. The tube is so short after the Black Aces modification you'd only be able to fit 2 rounds in there anyway!

Sgt Nambu likes this.