JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A friend who has both advised me to buy the steel lipped style because the plastic lipped version don't hold up, so I've only purchased the steel lipped kind. They've worked fine for me. I think the factory 25 round magazines are a little better if for no other reason than they can be disassembled for cleaning. The butler creek loader works on all of these magazines.

I assume these are the all plastic ones, how do they compare to the steel lips in terms of reliability?

I used to sell Butler Creek stuff, have 10/22s myself and the hot lips are not nearly as reliable as the steel lips in my experience. The best mags are the new adjustable metal mags

<broken link removed>

just my two cents but I have used 9 different hot lips mags some I bought new and some I bought off craigslist and in both of my 10-22's I have never had a failure in probably over 10000 rounds in the last two years. I have heard from multiple sources not to buy the hot lips mags and that the new ruger mags are aweome, but I have had no issues with mine and will probably pick up some more this week. Like another member said its not like I am going to pick this as my go to war gun.

bought the plastic lipped ones 5 years ago from GI Joes, never had an issue, used for thousands of rounds, half the time I forget and leave them loaded....

Everyone has different experiences with them, ranging from good to bad...

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top