Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Bi-Mart has 10/22 magazines on sale

Discussion in 'Great Deals' started by 1stIDFMP, Jan 27, 2012.

1. 1stIDFMP

1stIDFMP North of Salem, south of Portland Active Member

Bi-Mart has Butler Creek, Hot Lips, magazines on sale for $12.97 Best store price I've seen.

2. MattBG

MattBG Battle Ground, WA Member

I assume these are the all plastic ones, how do they compare to the steel lips in terms of reliability?

3. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

A friend who has both advised me to buy the steel lipped style because the plastic lipped version don't hold up, so I've only purchased the steel lipped kind. They've worked fine for me. I think the factory 25 round magazines are a little better if for no other reason than they can be disassembled for cleaning. The butler creek loader works on all of these magazines.

4. x1hunter89

x1hunter89 gresham oregon Active Member

plastic i had 2 jams in a full mag i dont mind not like im in combat

5. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I like the Ruger mags better than the Butler Creek steel lips too. They usually cost the same too.

7. thewhitebuffalo83

thewhitebuffalo83 Gresham/Boring Well-Known Member

just my two cents but I have used 9 different hot lips mags some I bought new and some I bought off craigslist and in both of my 10-22's I have never had a failure in probably over 10000 rounds in the last two years. I have heard from multiple sources not to buy the hot lips mags and that the new ruger mags are aweome, but I have had no issues with mine and will probably pick up some more this week. Like another member said its not like I am going to pick this as my go to war gun.

8. GreginWA

GreginWA Enumclaw, WA Member

bought the plastic lipped ones 5 years ago from GI Joes, never had an issue, used for thousands of rounds, half the time I forget and leave them loaded....

Everyone has different experiences with them, ranging from good to bad...

9. MattBG

MattBG Battle Ground, WA Member

I picked up some of the Butler Creeks and a Ruger BX25, the bx25 feels a lot more durable. Time will tell.