JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to buy tires for my 90s Mercury Tracer what would be the best store to go to buy the tires? The tires are to be primarily used for commuting so all season tires would be what I want I just don't know if there's good prices at certain stores or what tires I should get? Any recommendation for tires? Thanks.

Discount Tire is generally my go to place. They price matched my last set of Yokohamas from Tire Rack and sent it to my place with free shipping, installed and mounted them myself. I try to avoid Les Schwab as they rip you off way too much.

I've bought 4 or 5 sets from americas tire. They smoke Schwabs even with the commercial account discount my company has. And the warranty at Americas tire has paid for itself a few times over.

I agree with the others that Americas/Discount tires has really good prices on brand name tires. They will usually beat COSTCO as well.

as long as you dont custom order from Discount tire. Waited 3 months for a set of Kumho v710 (competition DOT slicks) from them and they decide to replace 2 with the w710 (the rain tire version) without telling me. They didnt think it was a problem to run slicks on the front and rain tires on the rear for a track car.

Lovely's Tires on SE 82nd, (S. of Stark St. before Division,) competes well with the other stores and excellent service> I just bought a set for my V70 and a happy camper.
BUY LOCAL: support the little guys.

I've bought tires from Les Schwab, Discount, Costco, Sears, etc....
I like the customer service at Schwab so if finances arent a problem thats where I usually go.
Normally I am looking for specialty tires, for offroad or performance street tires. if I was looking for some basic all seasons for your ride then I would scan all the ads and find the best deal on a reputable brand and not worry all that much about where I got them from. Except for Goodyear who I hear has a no firearm policy in their stores.

as long as you dont custom order from Discount tire. Waited 3 months for a set of Kumho v710 (competition DOT slicks) from them and they decide to replace 2 with the w710 (the rain tire version) without telling me. They didnt think it was a problem to run slicks on the front and rain tires on the rear for a track car.

Yeah, back when I used to track my car I would just buy my tires from Tire Rack directly, wouldn't take the chance with local stores, but for regular tires I've had no issues.

Pep Boy's has a buy three get the fourth tire free deal right now. But I don't know how their quality or warranty is.

I'm going to be needing tires for my truck come next Fall, so I'm keeping an eye out even though prices will be different then.

Been a loyal Schwab user for 42 yrs! Like the ads say, they reopened the Hermiston store to get us out of a real jam! That said I split it up these days. Big Toyo all weather tires from Schwabs for my truck. Michelin all weathers from Costco on the spousal units Outback.

i worked for Discount tire once, and no i wont shop there. i buy from les, no inever worked there. Just better customer service and i have warranty on the road in oregon when i am away from portland. If you never leave portland and are OK with hack mechanics go to discount.

I used to buy from Schwab's exclusively, no more. Went to Discount Tire and bought the same set of tires (same warranty and a little higher mileage rating) for $600 less than Schwab's quoted me. I don't know about you, but my money tree died several years back and I am always looking for ways to save the endangered greenbacks in my wallet.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top