JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ive never held a Kahr that didnt have a trigger that sucked.

I DO have a XDm 9mm 3.8 compact. Its very nice. 13+1 and 19+1

I've had 2 Kahrs and 2 XDs. Just remember that the trigger you may want on a range gun may not be the trigger you want on a carry gun. I know that an accidental discharge is unlikey with the Kahr trigger. Not as sure of that with the light single action of an XD trigger.

Gave up on my Kahr, but it was due to the feel. I have big hands and my finger would ride on the trigger guard. After a few rounds, it got uncomfortable.
This may be a good option for someone with smaller hands. Kahr is a well made firearm. It's a matter of individual preference.
I carry a G19 and the double stack grip fits fine.

Will

I love my Kel-Tec P11. Disapeers in my pocket reliable and accurate.

did you get any kind of a trigger job done on yours? I was eyeing one of these but after shooting my buddy's (he sold it shortly after too) I decided against it. I don't mind the pull but the "snap" back when the trigger breaks was horrible.

back on topic, vote for G26 or G19.

Time to pay attention to the Ruger SR9c 9mm -- this gun is an excellent carry gun. Compact, accurate, dependable, low recoil. Ruger has a hit on their hands with the SR9c. Try to get one to shoot and see for yourself.

:s0166:

XDm compacts are hard to beat. I love my XDm .45 compact 3.8. I just bought a M&P Shield 9mm yesterday, which is the new single stack M&P compact. I wanted to slim down a bit and this gun feels great in your hands. I will post back after I get to squeeze a few rounds through it.

Do let us know how it does at the range. I have a little over 500 rounds thru my SR9c with no problems. I know Ruger is not a sexy gun for carry, but until you try shooting the SR9c don't knock it, it has a really nice trigger and should become a favorite carry gun.

I have a Glock 19, with another on layaway, so I'm a little biased. I do love my 19s though. I do like the XD Compacts also, not really a fan of the XDM series, I understand it's for function but the aesthetics of the gun are kinda meh. I've shot my friend's XD9C and it's a pretty solid gun, not a fan of the grip safety but other than that I like it. Given my limited experience I'd say my Glock, but that's because I've only shot two handguns ever.. lol

My Mini-Review of the M&P Shield 9mm (copy and pasted from the other thread):

So I had the chance to put 50 rounds of PMC 124gr and a clip of some 115gr Speer Gold-Dots. First off, all I can say is WOW! I instantly fell in love with this gun after the first clip. I was very accurate out of the box and the factory sights are fantastic. It does bark (audibly) a bit more than the G26 we had out today, but the gun is very tame and kick is minimal allowing to get back on target quickly. Not having too many years owning handguns under my belt, I was pleasantly surprised how accurate I was from the start.

So here we go, the gun is a dream to shoot. I'm planning on picking up some Talon tape grips as I have larger hands and the slimness of the gun leaves a little to be desired in comfort. Stock sights are great and I can't ask for much more. Never had a single problem loading, racking, ejecting rounds. It's very manageable to shoot with the flush-mount magazine using only a 2 finger grip. Many people complain that the Shield lacks the ambidextrous controls, but being right-handed it is not a problem. The manual safety is reachable on the first knuckle of my thumb without any issue. The trigger is very smooth and easy to feel it reset.

Here's a couple things that I've noticed that might need some attention. The slide is a little heavy to pull at times. The mags when fully loaded to capacity feel like they have a little resistance when being loaded into the gun. And last, I wish it came with a plastic carry case instead of a cardboard box. Not a huge deal since this is close to my favorite carry piece.

I'm excited to order a Remora No-Clip Holster and try out their design with the new Shield. I hope you guys (and gals) appreciate the input. I am by no means an expert, just an enthusiast who happened to come across a Shield at my LGS yesterday. Enjoy!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews