Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Best .50 BMG under 5k?

Reactions
I don't know how many people have .50 bmg rifles here, but I was wondering what were peoples experiences with different .50s.

I was mainly interested in the LAR Grizzly, or the Bushmaster BA-50 (cobb), but I know that there is the barrett 99 and 95.

The price of the LAR is the most economical, but the bushmaster is magazine fed. Let me know what you guys think.

Reactions
Word of wisdom.. I have a Barret 99 and you can find one for 3k.. They are a military proven outfit.. And when shooting something this big you don't want it to blow up in your face... which cheaper models tend to do!

just my opinion but an extra $500 or so Is a good deal.. I have also heard Armalite makes an awesome .50....

I am also looking for trades or FTF of mine. 3K and well worth it.

OP
PhysicsGuy
Reactions
Yeah I remember that you were looking to sell yours, but I thought you gave up on that.

Yeah ive never heard of the LARs blowing up, and they are around 2k, but they look ghetto and you have to remove the bolt to load the round IIRC.

You were looking for rem 700s, ARs or 1911s for trades right?

Reactions
Yeah I remember that you were looking to sell yours, but I thought you gave up on that.

Yeah ive never heard of the LARs blowing up, and they are around 2k, but they look ghetto and you have to remove the bolt to load the round IIRC.

You were looking for rem 700s, ARs or 1911s for trades right?
I will knock off the value of what the 1911 was new. Just because I am looking for one..Just in case you are looking for one.. and throw in some ammo and reloading supplies..
Ar's I will have to consider because I really don't want an expensive one..

Reactions
Yes but you ar paying 2k for the ability to mag feed 5 rds??

Man with price of ammo you won't want too :s0114::s0114:

But those look good, I have never shot them though.. Why not just get a .50 upper for AR?

OP
PhysicsGuy
Reactions
I know, but I need a tactical practical rifle! jk

I dont have an ar-15, only an ar-10. Yeah I have a 3" kimber ultra tactical that I might be willing to trade towards it.

Reactions
I know, but I need a tactical practical rifle! jk

I dont have an ar-15, only an ar-10. Yeah I have a 3" kimber ultra tactical that I might be willing to trade towards it.
Sounds like a good trade,,... when your ole lady gives you the go ahead let me know...:s0114:

You will find no better deal

Ar-10 are good for trades as well.... .308 = win!

If not I will just hold onto it.. they will only go up in price.. win win

OP
PhysicsGuy
Reactions
Yeah I will have to think about it, for the cost i could get a couple more black rifles :D

were you thinking of selling your wasr?

Reactions
The more I look into Ar's and shoot them the more I love My Wasr.. seriously it is a beast of war and destruction.
and I shot Ar-15's for 5 years

Best $400 I have ever spent.. EVER!

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider

Staff online