JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The "D" hammer spring helps a lot with D/A trigger pull. Another part I like a lot is the INS trigger return spring, it's available in 2 weights but only works with a metal trigger. Wilson combat makes a short reach trigger that I haven't tried yet, looks interesting. I have other tricks, PM me if interested.

Have you tried dropping in a "D" spring - it's a factory part that is for sale at Brownells. It's like $6 or less. Best instant trigger job. Takes 3 lbs off the DA pull, and about 1/2 a pound off the SA pull. Easy DIY thing

Not yet I'm planning to order a set of Wolff springs that include a "D" spring. Thanks for the advice!

Not yet I'm planning to order a set of Wolff springs that include a "D" spring. Thanks for the advice!

There has been a lot of conversations on the Beretta Forum about the factory D spring versus the Wolf versions. The Wolf springs can be inconsistent sometimes. If I were you, I'd get a factory D spring from Brownells instead of the somewhat equivalent Wolf hammer spring.

There has been a lot of conversations on the Beretta Forum about the factory D spring versus the Wolf versions. The Wolf springs can be inconsistent sometimes. If I were you, I'd get a factory D spring from Brownells instead of the somewhat equivalent Wolf hammer spring.

I think that is what I'll probably do, easiest way to go. My understanding is that with the Wolff springs you have to determine the spring weight that best lightens the trigger, yet propels the hammer with enough force to prevent FTFires. In fact Wolff sells kits that include a range of spring weights. I think I'll just let Beretta figure it out! Thanks Mr S.W.

Thank you all for the great advice! I appreciate it!

I'm running the wolf 16lb and 17lb in 3 of my 92s and absolutely love them. Never a light strike. 2 have a skeleton hammer to make it move quicker and reduce lock time, the one with the standard hammer has never had an issue either. The 92FS type M9 in my avatar has a speed bump trigger.

Oh btw,I have a beretta sight pusher if anyone needs to use one.

Pictures or we will assume it's a Taurus .....
Ps, my trigger pulls are all from 4.2-4.7

Last Edited:
I replaced the old factory hammer spring with a Beretta "D" spring from Brownells. What an incredible difference! DA is super smooth, super light and just a joy! Single action is improved also but it didn't have so far to go. Thanks for all the tips, especially, Rusty Shackleford for the conversations!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top