Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

BERETTA SMITH

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Sgt Nambu, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Anyone know of a local, PDX area, gunsmith that is well known for work on Beretta 92f 's? Particularly triggers. Thanks. SRG

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  2. mistershipwreck

mistershipwreck Beretta City, Texas Member

Have you tried dropping in a "D" spring - it's a factory part that is for sale at Brownells. It's like $6 or less. Best instant trigger job. Takes 3 lbs off the DA pull, and about 1/2 a pound off the SA pull. Easy DIY thing

dietrich and Sgt Nambu like this.
  3. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Isn't that a really light trigger?

4. mistershipwreck

My DA pull is just over 8 lbs, and my SA is about 4.5lbs. Original DA pull is like 11.5lbs

5. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Portland Member

The "D" hammer spring helps a lot with D/A trigger pull. Another part I like a lot is the INS trigger return spring, it's available in 2 weights but only works with a metal trigger. Wilson combat makes a short reach trigger that I haven't tried yet, looks interesting. I have other tricks, PM me if interested.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  6. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

By using what?

7. Sgt Nambu

Not yet I'm planning to order a set of Wolff springs that include a "D" spring. Thanks for the advice!

8. mistershipwreck

There has been a lot of conversations on the Beretta Forum about the factory D spring versus the Wolf versions. The Wolf springs can be inconsistent sometimes. If I were you, I'd get a factory D spring from Brownells instead of the somewhat equivalent Wolf hammer spring.

9. Sgt Nambu

I think that is what I'll probably do, easiest way to go. My understanding is that with the Wolff springs you have to determine the spring weight that best lightens the trigger, yet propels the hammer with enough force to prevent FTFires. In fact Wolff sells kits that include a range of spring weights. I think I'll just let Beretta figure it out! Thanks Mr S.W.

Thank you all for the great advice! I appreciate it!

Rusty Shackleford likes this.
  10. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

I'm running the wolf 16lb and 17lb in 3 of my 92s and absolutely love them. Never a light strike. 2 have a skeleton hammer to make it move quicker and reduce lock time, the one with the standard hammer has never had an issue either. The 92FS type M9 in my avatar has a speed bump trigger.

Oh btw,I have a beretta sight pusher if anyone needs to use one.

Pictures or we will assume it's a Taurus .....
    Ps, my trigger pulls are all from 4.2-4.7

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    Sgt Nambu and willseeker like this.
  11. F2CMaDMaXX

So do Beretta make a lighter spring for it then?

12. BVB

BVB PDX Active Member

13. 45 for me

45 for me Oregon Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  14. Sgt Nambu

I replaced the old factory hammer spring with a Beretta "D" spring from Brownells. What an incredible difference! DA is super smooth, super light and just a joy! Single action is improved also but it didn't have so far to go. Thanks for all the tips, especially, Rusty Shackleford for the conversations!

F2CMaDMaXX likes this.