JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a question for those of you who have shot both guns. What is the felt recoil like on a Benelli M2 vs. a Remington 1100? With or without the comfortec stock? Sims pad? How does the Benneli M2 compare in performance and reliability? Thanks, Rob

I had a Benelli M2 Sport II 30" barrel several years ago and currently own a Remington 11-87 26" barrel (that I've had for the past 20+ years). To me, there wasn't much recoil difference between the two when shooting trap loads. The Benelli never fit me quite right and I couldn't hit with it, so I sold it and went back to using my 11-87. I never had any problems with the Benelli - it always cycled. It's a nice gun.

If the Benelli fits you, it's worth going with. Remington shotguns just fit me better.

I just upgraded from a Remington 1100 Comp Master to a slightly tuned used Benelli M2.

The feeling is noticeable when standing still and paying attention to the recoil.
The 1100 is much less in felt recoil than the M2. A friend of mine who has had Benelli's and is on his 2nd Benelli mentioned the light recoil feeling from my 1100 as well.

I decided to go to the Benelli for the reliability and faster trigger set up.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top