Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Benelli M2 VS. Remington 1100 In Felt Recoil And Performance

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Robert Lyden, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Robert Lyden

Robert Lyden Aloha, Oregon Member

I have a question for those of you who have shot both guns. What is the felt recoil like on a Benelli M2 vs. a Remington 1100? With or without the comfortec stock? Sims pad? How does the Benneli M2 compare in performance and reliability? Thanks, Rob

2. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

I had a Benelli M2 Sport II 30" barrel several years ago and currently own a Remington 11-87 26" barrel (that I've had for the past 20+ years). To me, there wasn't much recoil difference between the two when shooting trap loads. The Benelli never fit me quite right and I couldn't hit with it, so I sold it and went back to using my 11-87. I never had any problems with the Benelli - it always cycled. It's a nice gun.

If the Benelli fits you, it's worth going with. Remington shotguns just fit me better.

3. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

I don't know about 1100, but M2 is recoil operated shotgun. so it might not cycle light loads well.

4. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

I was concerned about that also, but never had a problem with mine shooting light trap loads. YMMV and all that.

5. pistobro206

pistobro206 Seattle, WA New Member

I just upgraded from a Remington 1100 Comp Master to a slightly tuned used Benelli M2.

The feeling is noticeable when standing still and paying attention to the recoil.
    The 1100 is much less in felt recoil than the M2. A friend of mine who has had Benelli's and is on his 2nd Benelli mentioned the light recoil feeling from my 1100 as well.

I decided to go to the Benelli for the reliability and faster trigger set up.