JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For starters, my mailing address is Gold Hill, but I am 10 miles out of town. Second, if you saw the video of Ron resisting arrest, you would perhaps have a more accurate view of that incident. It is also worth noting that the deputy sued for being fired and...wait for it...won his case. The Sheriff's office has been patrolling Gold Hill for a few years now. Perhaps a little fact checking would be in order...inconvenient, I realize, but nontheless...and in the spirit of full disclosure, or at least as much as I am willing to share, I work in conjunction with Jackson County Sheriff's department, and and am well aware of their strengths and weaknesses...God bless them in their efforts to protect all of us...even the haters among us.

OK let's get some things straight. A deputy was fired for roughing up Ron Oates.

Don't they usually promote deputies for doing that? :s0155:

Is it true that the Jackson County Sheriff's Dept. paid Ron Oates $30k in an out of court settlement for roughing him up? :huh:

The MOST Reverend Jeremiah Wright, oops I mean Sheriff Winters was a friend of Oates?

How much has Winters and his dept. cost the taxpayers in lawsuits in the past few years? Even suits Winters brought himself about medical mj vs CHL, etc.? He keeps losing, right?

Does anyone see a pattern here?

Back to Gold Hill. It has constantly been in turmoil and I'm happy to hear that it has no police farce at this moment in time.

BTW, if you live 10 miles from Gold Hill, I actually live closer. However, you can probably still smell it from where you are.

Also, FWIW, I have no problem with any deputies of Winters. The few I've met seem OK. I live in the county and they stop by once in a while to ask a question about what I may have seen around, etc. We also have more than our share of vehicle accidents on our corner.

I think MPD is corrupt to the core.

Also FWIW, I'm not a bad guy. I have a CHL, perfect credit, etc. etc. It's not like I'm some felon who just doesn't like police or the administration or city council in Gold Hill.

I'm a good guy who doesn't like them.

Gunner, you have made some valid (and accurate) points. Yes, the deputy took Ron down to the ground, and the other facts you stated were accurate. I still support and back the efforts of the majority of LEO's, including Sheriff's deputies, although I must admit to somewhat of a bias in their favor. Having said that, if they are wrong, they are wrong, but I am NOT going to paint them all in that light. It would seem we agree more than not...nice to hear points of view that makes me consider other angles.

Gunner, you have made some valid (and accurate) points. Yes, the deputy took Ron down to the ground, and the other facts you stated were accurate. I still support and back the efforts of the majority of LEO's, including Sheriff's deputies, although I must admit to somewhat of a bias in their favor. Having said that, if they are wrong, they are wrong, but I am NOT going to paint them all in that light. It would seem we agree more than not...nice to hear points of view that makes me consider other angles.

I suspect we do agree on much more than we disagree. I don't think all cops are bad, but I'm just not blind when they are. Maybe you don't know, but I had an issue with Winters and the MPD in which I also settled. Although I came out whole and satisfied by the final outcome, it's something I'll never really get over. The settlement is sealed so please don't ask.

I'm not without reasons for my opinions.

One more time. I've met quite a few of the sheriff's deputies and every one of them seemed decent to me. It's actually a puzzle to me.

Hi Kieth,hope you receive this,i opened your reply on my phone but when I went to my computer to reply your message was not there.Send me list of what you have to trade please, i do enjoy the milsurp guns.Thanks Alex

I find the militarization of the police a bit worrisome, I remember when they were part of the community and here to serve and protect. Now they are here to ticket and observe, to many tax collectors to few good ole cops.

I find the militarization of the police a bit worrisome, I remember when they were part of the community and here to serve and protect. Now they are here to ticket and observe, to many tax collectors to few good ole cops.

They used to be peace officers, and their only job was to keep the peace

Now they are often militarized "law enforcement", a very Orwellian shift

For starters, my mailing address is Gold Hill, but I am 10 miles out of town. Second, if you saw the video of Ron resisting arrest, you would perhaps have a more accurate view of that incident. It is also worth noting that the deputy sued for being fired and...wait for it...won his case. The Sheriff's office has been patrolling Gold Hill for a few years now. Perhaps a little fact checking would be in order...inconvenient, I realize, but nontheless...and in the spirit of full disclosure, or at least as much as I am willing to share, I work in conjunction with Jackson County Sheriff's department, and and am well aware of their strengths and weaknesses...God bless them in their efforts to protect all of us...even the haters among us.

I would glady give up being "protected" in return for being left the hell alone.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top