JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have 2 in 5.56, both with 5R rifling and a "heavy" contour (not bull). One is a 20", the other a 16". Both will shoot sub MOA with only decent ammo. My handloads are .25" at 100 yards.

Have a .308, a 6.5 grendel, and 2x 7.62x39's from them. They're decent barrels. The complete uppers are okay, but built by the village idiot. Way over-torqued barrel nuts, missing crush washers, etc... I recommend rebuilding any complete upper from them if you go that route.

Any experience with bear creek arsenal barrels? Building an ar and they have a stainless steel 16" barrel for about $140. Grateful for any input.
I have had experience with two BCA barrels: one a 458 SOCOM and the other a 7.62x39. For the purposes of those cartridges they have performed perfectly! There were some chatter marks on the exterior near the muzzle device, and if you inspected the bore with a bore-scope, I doubt you'd find perfectly smooth machining. Again though, no issues with the function though!

I have bought two 5.56 NATO barrels from them one in 1/7 and another in 1/8 have yet to fire them but the feed ramps looked good. For the price your paying I think it's worth it, plus they were quick with shipping.

Many of the AR Stoner barrels and completed AR Stoner uppers sold by MidwayUSA were BCA barrels.

If they have a part number like this, B223WCM41618(SS), it's most likely from Bear Creek Arsenal.

Got a 10.5" nitrided BCA barrel during the salad days for $40. I wasn't expecting much for the price. But, I'd say I got more than my money's worth. Accuracy was typical with M193. Machining and feed ramps were better than I've seen on previous examples from BCA. Some examples I've seen since then have been better or worse. And that pretty much sums up BCA... They are a budget brand that can be all over the board, from "average" to "good", with a few stinkers and a few outstanding examples thrown in the mix. Consistency and QC comes with a price and I think BCA prefers to follow the law of averages.

This is a sight in group at 100 yards with surplus 55gr ammo from the 20" 1:8 5R. Called the first one high right, but was going for a 2" high zero.

20190516_144430.jpg

I haven't had any problems With their barrels themselves, and actually do like their uppers as well.

but as was said previously you should check them out before hand, just like any other budget item you might buy from the Internet

I have three complete uppers w/barrels and they've all been good. I think they're an excellent choice for a shooter grade rifle. If you want more, you pay more.

I bought a 7.5 barreled upper for a PDW I have since sold, and while it served its purpose well enough (it was absolutely worth the 200 bucks I spent on it, and not more), the BCG they sent with it was so out of spec that the bolt would slam forward simply by shaking the weapon. I'd buy from them again for a cheap beater build but wouldn't expect the same quality you'd get with a higher cost.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top