JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sighted one in and did some ammo testing for the shop I work at a few months back. It was a 16" threaded model in 6.5 Creedmoor. Holy crap lightweight, reliable at the range, great trigger, and grouped well for a hunting rifle. It seemed to shoot most ammo into around an inch group at 100 yards, some a little over an inch and some a little less than an inch.

I was impressed.

I just picked up a Fieldcraft. Haven't shot it yet. I've owned a Forbes rifle for a few years, which was the first attempt to make a factory version of the NULA rifle (it failed). Barrett picked up the ashes of the Forbes Rifle company and launched the Fieldcraft. I've been looking at them for some time, and finally bought one. I can tell you so far that the fit and finish of the Fieldcraft exceeds the original Forbes rifle.

I just picked up a Fieldcraft. Haven't shot it yet. I've owned a Forbes rifle for a few years, which was the first attempt to make a factory version of the NULA rifle (it failed). Barrett picked up the ashes of the Forbes Rifle company and launched the Fieldcraft. I've been looking at them for some time, and finally bought one. I can tell you so far that the fit and finish of the Fieldcraft exceeds the original Forbes rifle.
What caliber did you choose?

What caliber did you choose

6mm Creedmoor. My preferred caliber for a deer rifle is 7mm-08, but the Forbes Rifle I mentioned is already chambered in that round and I felt silly getting a second, near-identical rifle in the same caliber. This way I can rationalize that the 6mmCM is my pronghorn/blacktail rifle and the 7mm-08 is my mule deer rifle. Rationalizations are important.

6mm Creedmoor. My preferred caliber for a deer rifle is 7mm-08, but the Forbes Rifle I mentioned is already chambered in that round and I felt silly getting a second, near-identical rifle in the same caliber. This way I can rationalize that the 6mmCM is my pronghorn/blacktail rifle and the 7mm-08 is my mule deer rifle. Rationalizations are important.
Rationalizing helps us to sleep at night! Should be a beauty to pack and carry LD. 5.5lbs without a scope!

This new Fieldcraft tips the scale at 5.33 lbs fresh out of the box (compared to their advertised weight of 5.2 lbs.). I should be able to keep it close to 6.5 with rings and scope. Still to be determined.
I have the REC7 DI in 300 BO and love it. Would go into Cabelas and pick up the Fieldcraft they had on display(no rings or scope) and was always amazed at how light it is. I always asked them why they didn't have any Barretts in-house cause they are such great rifles. 6 months later the brought in 6-7 MRADs at $3,300+.! Took em forever to sell them at that price! If they'd brought in their ARs they coulda sold em for most of $2000 in no time. (Maybe why they suck in the gun department!)

I just bought this Fieldcraft through Cabela's (online), as they're currently marked down to $1500. That's the best price I've seen on Fieldcraft rifles, though the caliber selection is limited. And I agree that its always frustrating when the rifle you want is rarely in stock to handle. Several of the Browning X-Bolt Long Range models fall into this category. The Hell's Canyon Speed and (less frequently) Hell's Canyon Long Range were often available to handle, but seldom any of the others.

I just bought this Fieldcraft through Cabela's (online), as they're currently marked down to $1500. That's the best price I've seen on Fieldcraft rifles, though the caliber selection is limited. And I agree that its always frustrating when the rifle you want is rarely in stock to handle. Several of the Browning X-Bolt Long Range models fall into this category. The Hell's Canyon Speed and (less frequently) Hell's Canyon Long Range were often available to handle, but seldom any of the others.
I purchased my Barrett AR at Keith's out in Gresham. Think I paid about $300+ under MSRP. But I've found the best way to deal there is to know exactly what model number you want and order it. But I often buy from Jeremy at Lucky SGds out of Banks. He gets good pricing and does members here a square deal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top