Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

barrel for rem 870

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by clarthom, Feb 22, 2011.

1. clarthom

clarthom oregon Member

in need of a longer barrel for my rem. 870 express magnum, i think it has the shortest barrel ever produced on it, i would be using it for duck hunting so it has to be able take a bit of abuse, any recommendations on where i can find a good deal or something kinda different/unique?

2. yotehunter

yotehunter north west Active Member

are wanting to trade your barrel for a longer one? if so what size barrel do you have?

3. clarthom

clarthom oregon Member

not looking to trade rather just get a longer one

4. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

You can find them on Cheaper than Dirt, Midway USA and other dealers. But, it's going to be cheaper if you can find one used on Gunbroker or here - probably easier too, since lots of people buy longer-barrel guns & convert them into shorter-barrel guns for home defense (thus, they don't need the longer barrel anymore). You're probably best off going with a 28" barrel with screw-in chokes. (just my opinion).

5. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I would check out some of the deals on new 870s.Seems you can get a new one for a little more ($100) than a barrel.
    Then put the long barrel on the old receiver,if it's better than the new one,and have two shotguns.
    I have seen,and traded for one,some great deals on used 870s too.

And I agree with getting a 28 with chokes for ducks

6. Simonpie

Simonpie Portland Active Member

I PM'd you. It isn't the perfect barrel for your needs, but the price is right.