JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You don't need an alignment rod. Just look down the barrel with the suppressor installed and if you don't see a perfect circle, you need to make an adjustment. If you do see a perfect circle, no adjustments needed

Also, why on earth would you want to Dremel your barrel? Take it to a real gunsmith and they'll get you sorted proper.

You don't need an alignment rod. Just look down the barrel with the suppressor installed and if you don't see a perfect circle, you need to make an adjustment. If you do see a perfect circle, no adjustments needed

Also, why on earth would you want to Dremel your barrel? Take it to a real gunsmith and they'll get you sorted proper.
Because the barrels outer edge is protruding and my muzzle device for my suppressor to attach will be face mounted.
The edges of the barrel are hanging out unevenly and will most certainly cause my concentricity to go out the window. So, if rubbing down the edges fixes the uneven surface for the face mount muzzle device to sit on and doesn't affect the crowning then why not? Certainly something that can be done quickly, easily and for free at home.

To me it looks like there's something underneath the threaded adapter. Maybe more threads? Maybe pressed on. In any case, I'd mount it up and see what's what before you go removing "uneven" material in an uneven manner. Also, they make suppressors specifically for AKs because of this known problem.

1708236429520.png
It looks like you have this on your barrel. I'd try removing it and seeing what's underneath.

Wtf...no Dremel..no .no..no. threads is what keeps your can concentric to bore.. unless threads are loose an sloppy then barrel face can. But you have no shoulder to stop it inside as suppressors ( quality ones) have a blast chamber first. So your can will torque up against your front sight post an use threads as the guide to being concentric.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top