JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't rant often but I need to right now. I use Quicken to pay my bills so I just went to pay one, my account updated and I had to look twice. Shows a check, in order number wise for 22,276.34. It was written by some company in Denver to another company in Denver, my name or account number are no where to be found.
Spent almost an hour on the phone, 3 different people and they all agreed it was a mistake but must open fraud claim and could take up to 10 days to give me my money back. I am so angry right now I can't see straight . Sorry for the rant frown.gif By the way, the bank is Wells Fargo. I will say this is the first problem I have had and I have been with them since 1983.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't use banks simple as that. Use a local credit union. They offer all if the same services but don't charge you for them. I highly recommend BECU they have taken care of me for almost anything you can think of.

Don't use banks simple as that. Use a local credit union. They offer all if the same services but don't charge you for them. I highly recommend BECU they have taken care of me for almost anything you can think of.
Like I said, first problem since 1983. I do also bank with Usaa, They have most of my savings, IRA, and CD'S. I have not paid any fees to WF in a long, long time.

Trust no one.
USAA is just as bad, especially their insurance side. Just look at their class action lawsuits.

Banks love to hold their customers accountable for their mistakes.
And then treat you like the criminal, while they are protected.

They are crooks.

20+ years ago WF created stupid problems that didn't exist in reality, not just me but a score of people I knew. After extensive BS, lost time & purely stoopid customer non service mistakes, I fired them. Eventually the local branch office closed.

Got caught up in a Wells Fargo scam last year. Took three months to get them off the county records as the mortgagee on property that they had never been and never would be the mortgagee on. While talking to the lady at the bank that really was the mortgagee I mentioned the following article;
All the Ripoffs and Scams Wells Fargo Pulled on Customers Over the Years
She said, 'Oh, that's known as the Wells Fargo "Great Eight".'
I believe they have since added one or two more.

Best wishes to you!

I never did business with them.

I know some people who FIRED them for their bank.

Some credit unions and banks are better than others in my opinion. But you don't know unless you use them or hear horror stories.

Cate

I don't personally patronize Wells Fargo and from my own personal experience working in banking, probably never will, but I can say that any time some mistake with the numbers happens, this is standard procedure to have to file a claim. Don't think about it in terms of you having to file a claim, it's basically just paperwork for them to document.

The 10 days is a hassle, but think about it this way, how many thousands of transactions have you done without incident and now there's a hiccup and you'll still get your money, but need to document it a little first.

I don't personally patronize Wells Fargo and from my own personal experience working in banking, probably never will, but I can say that any time some mistake with the numbers happens, this is standard procedure to have to file a claim. Don't think about it in terms of you having to file a claim, it's basically just paperwork for them to document.

The 10 days is a hassle, but think about it this way, how many thousands of transactions have you done without incident and now there's a hiccup and you'll still get your money, but need to document it a little first.

Can he get his lost interest from the $22K that is no longer in the account?

We have two different issues here...Banks and online banking.

Banks and credit unions exist to make money. I don't think very highly of any of them, but in my life they are necessary. The best compliment I can give, is some of them are not as bad as others.

Then there is online banking, bill paying, etc. To me, it's an extension of video gaming. And it creates more exposure for errors and hacking.

My adult kids. 30-ish, and they do everything online. And they chastise me because I don't. And the examples they give for how great online banking is, is when they get hacked, the bank only takes a couple weeks to get everything fixed.:confused:

As with most other things, to each their own.

Last Edited:
I have had nothing but issues with Banks. Credit unions zero none. Banks way to many to count.

To give you an idea why its their lack of safety.
Quick Story.
I have a son that on SSI, and I needed to be added onto his account to help him manage his funds.
I go to Banner Bank, go up to the counter. Tell them the account number tell them I need to be added to. Sit down
with a representative. Tell them I want my name added and the account number I hand them his debit card.
I tell them my name only. They added me to his account.

They never asked to see my ID, never asked to verify I was even a customer.
They let me walk in and add my name to someones account. That was two years ago.
Note, I do not know people at that branch and they never even asked for my ID or proof I was a
SSI Payee for him. That is why I do not trust banks, as I have had all sorts of issues. Banner
has been the worst so far. Oddly WellsFargo I also had an issue with on funds a few years back.

Join a credit union best thing I ever did.

^^^

I am old school too. I hear about the pros and cons but I am still old school.

I do not shop online with a card. I may LOOK online for something but I do NO online shopping or ONLINE banking in any manner even to check a balance.

Check and cash for me. And if I can pay for something important LOCALLY with a check - I get a receipt for it too. Checks are not written that often, usually for something important and for all of my utility bills, real estate taxes, license plates for my husband's truck and car, Federal and State Estimated Taxes, etc.

In the last month or so, there have been 4 to 5 large MESSES with financial institutions and with other places when it came to security BREECHES. It has been in the financial news. Online and on the boob tube.

I am not talking about the TARGET HIC CUP with their nationwide 'card' system failure last Saturday, the day before Father's Day either. Two or more hours - nationwide. They are telling people that everything is okay and not to worry! LOL Yeah, sure and right!

I use a teller and no machine. WE use a teller at a credit union and at a bank. I am shopping for a third financial institution now to keep it spread around even though it is 'insured' with the FDIC and the NCUA.

Cate

Last Edited:
I don't get any checks in the mail.

I used to live super rural back east. After a couple of years of wet mail or the door not completely closed tightly on my rural mail box where my late husband and I built our first house... I opened up a USPO box in the closest town - a village 2.5 miles one way from my rural farm/lake home.

I kept that rural house and village postal box for over 30 years. I opened up a USPO Box here in Montana and have had the same one for all of these years.

The only mail that I get at my 'physical address' LOCKED end of the street metal box with other locked metal boxes is JUNK mail and I rarely get any there and ONE other item because they will NOT use a USPO Box for that piece of mail. So I get one BILL a year in that 'free end of the street box'. Everything else which is a TINY BIT because I have always been an OPT OUT - DO NOT SELL, RENT OR LEASE MY NAME OR ADDRESS lady. My late husband was one and so is my MT husband.

Most people don't even get much regular mail now. They use email or set up an online system to check their balances. You can call and ask a human being or push buttons for your latest utility total bill. I still ASK and receive a paper bill for my utilities, real estate taxes, insurance bills, etc.

Cate

Last Edited:
Money is back! If you have never banked using Qucken you are missing out. Not all banks are set up for it and even fewer credit unions are. You do not use a browser, your transactions are sent encrypted to the bank using your own software.
The only other banking problem I have had was back in the day's before online type banking. I put a bunch of payments in my mail box came home and found a note on my door from the Sheriffs Dept. They had found a bunch of envelopes and payment stubs but no checks behind a 7-11. Now that was a problem.

If you have never banked using Qucken

I ran my business for years with Quicken v1 clear up to the grotesque program errors of, which was it, v5 or some such.

After weeks & weeks of daily wasted time/effort/tekkie tips that never worked, I dumped Q forever & have lived a good life.

I don't get any checks in the mail.

I used to live super rural back east. After a couple of years of wet mail or the door not completely closed tightly on my rural mail box where my late husband and I built our first house... I opened up a USPO box in the closest town - a village 2.5 miles one way from my rural farm/lake home.

I kept that rural house and village postal box for over 30 years. I opened up a USPO Box here in Montana and have had the same one for all of these years.

The only mail that I get at my 'physical address' LOCKED end of the street metal box with other locked metal boxes is JUNK mail and I rarely get any there and ONE other item because they will NOT use a USPO Box for that piece of mail. So I get one BILL a year in that 'free end of the street box'. Everything else which is a TINY BIT because I have always been an OPT OUT - DO NOT SELL, RENT OR LEASE MY NAME OR ADDRESS lady. My late husband was one and so is my MT husband.

Most people don't even get much regular mail now. They use email or set up an online system to check their balances. You can call and ask a human being or push buttons for your latest utility total bill. I still ASK and receive a paper bill for my utilities, real estate taxes, insurance bills, etc.

Cate

I made an error when I posted this. I apologize because I did FORGET something when I posted this.

I do get a Federal and a Montana tax refund in the mail at our main USPO Box if I and/or WE are due a refund. I do my taxes the old fashioned way - pen and paper. Send it certified.

My MT husband has gotten 2 medical insurance refunds via checks sent through the mail to our main PO Box when I fought them on 2 claims.

So if I do get an annual TAX refund check or some type of a refund or check in a billing error that I fought but the place or doctor wanted their money asap while the former insurance company screwed us around for 9 FREAKING months... those things do get mailed to our main PO Box.

The retirement checks get direct deposited since they REFUSE to mail us our checks. And the way the US MAIL is going, the Pony Express looks pretty good to me too! So I am happy to get them direct deposited but I really like it the old way IF the OLD WAY would work in a sane and responsible manner like they USED TO WORK when I was a kid, a young bride and even 20 some years ago! The mail keeps getting worse and perhaps down the road - I may have to make some changes there. The LOCAL mail within this town keeps getting worse too. Two people told me this at the courthouse where you get the stickers for your license plate renewals in LATE May and yesterday via the telephone. So even though they are soooooooo slow - the mail stinks even though I have a TRACKING number, it was signed for and it shows the delivery to them on JUNE 4th. Today is the 18th of JUNE!

I have had to contact my MT politicians and our LOCAL and nationwide USPS (Toll free number and follow up letters.) due to missing mail, very late mail and I mean LATE, etc. OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I have had 3 investigations going and there has been a HUGE turnover at the main and local postal stations in this college town.

On top of that, we have had 8 out of 11 or so (?!?) (I do NOT have the info in front of me now. Sorry.) MAIN MONTANA DISTRIBUTION CENTERS COMPLETELY CLOSED UP in cut backs. THIS is a large state. I WAS TOLD THIS BY TESTER'S OFFICE, POSTAL SERVICE PEOPLE AND IT HAS BEEN IN OUR MT NEWS FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS. MT CITIZENS ARE TICKED OFF SINCE WE ARE NOT GETTING ANY POSITIVE RESULTS!

Example, if you mailed something from Missoula to Missoula - within CITY LIMITS - for a time frame - they sent the MAIL TO A SPOKANE, WA distribution center and then back to Missoula! I THINK that some of that bs was finally stopped. They stopped one shift - late afternoon or night shift at the MAIN USPO center here.

City, small town and rural MAIL IS A MESS when it comes to delivery time even a FEW miles from one place to another and missing MAIL including some important things that were supposed to be mailed to my husband NEVER showed up or got here over 31 days from AZ to MT as one example. I am still waiting for a letter from November 2016 but since we closed that sucker up due to jokers in that company and the SLOW MAIL plus tons of excuses... oh well! Gggrrr.

The local and national POSTAL authorities blame one another and I have records of all of this mess. I had to call/write Senator Tester's MT offices many times and I sent a CERTIFIED LETTER TO HIM and HIS OFFICE up there because one lady was taking ALL OF THE USPO COMPLAINT CALLS FOR THE ENTIRE STATE OF MT! I sent a certified letter rom MY Missoula PO Station to Kalispell, MT and it still has NOT shown up. NO one can figure why it never got to Kalispell. My station, the main Missoula station and the IN transit tracking number people, It was sent out in LATE January or early February 2019 and it has not been delivered or signed for and Kalispell is only a few hours from here!

I kept all records including the envelopes with dates and zip codes. I have called some of the places and when a company says that something was mailed out on the 5th as an example now, it does not LEAVE until the 11th or 14th and it does not arrive or comes here 2 weeks later - example from a few states away. I could wallpaper my records and I am not the only person who has made many complaints. Business people here in town and ALL across Montana. ALL across this nation!

I did not mean to veer off topic but I wanted to make a correction to my one post. Thank you!

Cate
Typos!

Last Edited:
Money is back! If you have never banked using Qucken you are missing out. Not all banks are set up for it and even fewer credit unions are. You do not use a browser, your transactions are sent encrypted to the bank using your own software.
The only other banking problem I have had was back in the day's before online type banking. I put a bunch of payments in my mail box came home and found a note on my door from the Sheriffs Dept. They had found a bunch of envelopes and payment stubs but no checks behind a 7-11. Now that was a problem.

I am happy that you got your money back! Woo hoo! Great news.

The BLUE OFFICIAL USPS boxes have had many, many issues with them for the last few years. It has been on the national and local news just like my other USPS comments in my prior post here a bit ago. It has been mentioned on financial news websites too.

They put STICKY stuff on the boxes - inside section close to the FLAP door and the nasty criminals STEAL checks and information from mail there.

Local rural boxes get robbed often - delivery and mail that you send out with the little red flag UP to notify the mail man.

On the news. It is quite common even if you think that you are in a safe area. What you may not get in the mail or think something is LOST - it may have been stolen at the edge of your road but since you did not WITNESS it while you were gone or in the dark winter hours... all you know is that you did not get a piece of EXPECTED MAIL or an unexpected piece of mail or the MAIL NEVER GOT TO WHO OR WHERE YOU SENT IT TO - outgoing mail.

Our local stations say that if you really want to be safe in mailing something is to USE the USPO station and not the official blue boxes on the street EVEN THOUGH THEY OWN THEM or some LONELY rural road home metal unlocked postal box.

Some subdivision in this town and a few across MT in very wealthy sections continually got robbed. LOCKED postal boxes and, in one case, some THIEVES used a CHAIN and pulled them all down and still stole MAIL of all types out of the individual boxes by picking or pounding the fancy, so called SAFE locked end of subdivision or end of road LOCKED newer and improved mailboxes.

Cate

Did I tell the story about a miniature plane I sent a buddy that disappeared in the back of Newman the Maildouche's truck for six months?

Generally I've been lucky, my local PO team are rockstars... the rest of the system, not so much.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top