JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Badger Ordnance Medium Height 30mm lapped steel scope rings. These are superbly strong rings which were used to mount a Nightforce NXS 5.5 x 22 x 56 scope to a 50 BMG for competition. $150

20180127_092805.jpg 20180127_092830.jpg 20180127_092932_001.jpg 20180127_092957.jpg 20180127_093035.jpg 20180127_101927.jpg 20180127_102004.jpg 20180127_102009_001.jpg

Last Edited:
Thank you for taking the time to provide this detailed input. I havw never had any issues with them. They are rock solid. The screws were my fault as they are T15 and I was using a T10 hex head. Nevertheless, I acquired replacement screws.

I do not recall if I was given that information. I purchased them from Ron Tilinghast who had stated he used them to mount his Nightforce NXS to a 50 BMG he used in competition. He had a climate controlled walk-in safe with the finest collection of high-end and custom firearms I have ever seen. The white residue on the inside of the rings wiped out easily with my fingers and they feel mirror smooth. I will upload additional photos, but they are worth $150.

Thank you for your generous guidance. Your behavior is another example among many demonstrating why I love the firearms community. These are the strongest steel rings I have ever seen. I am a quality oriented person with a strong conscience. I strive to conduct win-win transactions. I always want the customer to have their expectations met or exceeded.

I chuckle at the notion of lapping these rings at all, as they are so well made and have a very large bearing surface for both alignment and holding the tube.
I have a set of 34mm BO High Rings clamping my 56mm scope, and am of the opinion that ONE ring would hold the scope solidly. Badgers are so solid, I believe if you were to pound the rings with a hammer, the rail would give before the rings.
GLWS

Is lapping needed? -

Last Edited:
According to the description of the other members above they are lapped. These are fantastic rings and I never had an issue with them. The person I purchased them from had them on a Nightforce NXS 5.5x22x56 which I also purchased. He shot competition 50 BMG around the country. He had a climate-controlled walk-in safe with a plethora of very high quality firearms. The guy knew and owned quality. He was trying to sell many of his acquisitions when I ran across him at the Washington Arms Collectors shows. He stated he was done trying to sell his exceptional firearms there because of the rampant ignorance displayed by other members. I also purchased an M1A customized match rifle which he stated he had a Fort Lewis Armor build for $3700. Every brand of match ammunition I put through it held 1/2 MOA at 100 yards.

Last Edited:
According to the description of the other members above they are lapped. These are fantastic rings and I never had an issue with them. The person I purchased them from had them on a Nightforce NXS 5.5x22x56 which I also purchased. He shot competition 50 BMG around the country. He had a climate-controlled walk-in safe with a plethora of very high quality firearms. The guy knew and owned quality. He was trying to sell many of his acquisitions when I ran across him at the Washington Arms Collectors shows. He stated he was done trying to sell his exceptional firearms there because of the rampant ignorance displayed by other members. I also purchased an M1A customized match rifle which he stated he had a Fort Lewis Armor build for $3700. Every brand of match ammunition I put through it held 1/2 MOA at 100 yards.
I'm not doubting they were lapped. IMO, it is not needed for Badger Rings.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top