JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last Edited:
I'm proud of my service in SAC and that story truly demonstrates the dedication and skills needed to complete the mission.

SAC_zps7fiu4ohd.jpg

I struck up a convo with a gentleman at my chiro office who told me about the amazment he had at seeing bombers do a run in a valley while he was in Vietnam.
It leveled the whole forest.
Then they went in, he spoke real brief on the hell that followed.
You could see all these years later that moment was still seared into his soul.

It was an emotional conversation.
I could have listened all day

A six-ship Arc Light strike with the Big Belly D's packing 108 Mk 82's each... well, if you've ever been to the National Mall in DC, imagine that area including all the buildings on both sides.

That's the area of effect of an Arc Light.

Cool story :cool: I just read recently that they're working on yet another engine upgrade on the B-52 fleet to keep them flying even longer. Quite a workhorse. And I don't think those crews get the recognition they deserve - the fighter pilots get all the glory, but I think the bomber crews do a lot of the heavy lifting, literally ;)

Last Edited:
I struck up a convo with a gentleman at my chiro office who told me about the amazment he had at seeing bombers do a run in a valley while he was in Vietnam.
It leveled the whole forest.
Then they went in, he spoke real brief on the hell that followed.
You could see all these years later that moment was still seared into his soul.

It was an emotional conversation.
I could have listened all day
A friend was on the ground near B52 strikes.
He said that you wanted to suspend your body above the ground with your forearms or the ground motion could damage your internal organs.
Cool story :cool: I just read recently that they're working on yet another engine upgrade on the B-52 fleet to keep them flying even longer. Quite a workhorse.
I think someone said that the BUFF is typically older than the driver.

Cool story :cool: I just read recently that they're working on yet another engine upgrade on the B-52 fleet to keep them flying even longer. Quite a workhorse. And I don't think those crews get the recognition they deserve - the fighter pilots get all the glory, but I think the bomber crews do a lot of the heavy lifting, literally ;)
You shoulda seen the hotrodded BUFF a prof and I hatched the idea for... woulda made Dale Brown's monsters look like production-line models. Imagine a B-52 that can stand on its tail and accelerate STRAIGHT UP just like an F-15...

We got to see the B-52s strike the advancing Republican guard armor units just inside the border of Iraq, boy was that a scene, even from many miles out, you could feel the ground and hear the noise. It was truly awe inspiring! We also experienced JDAM strikes from all three bomber types, much closer and still sends chills through me! Imagine a single 1000 pound bomb landing just 300 meters in front of you, now imagine 80 of them landing in a long string at the same distance! I have no words to describe that!
We also watched F-111s "Tank Plinking" with 750 pounders day and night, it was pretty cool in a strange sort of way, seeing tanks randomly explode! Then the B-52s came and finished off the whole column! Smoke and Fire!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top