JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have never had a single issue with a Series 80, they run just fine! ( You can "Up Grade") to remove those pesky parts and convert to Series 70 specs if you really feel the need!
I don't go out of my way to own them or to avoid them, but given a preference. I would always choose a Series 70 with all the upgrades. That said, the tribute units I have seen are all decent enough, and My Springfield is about the best of the bunch, it's a Stainless that I had ceracoated to look like old parkerizing and it looks and shoots awesome!
FOr the money, I would always and with out hesitation recommend a Rock Island, and the advantage is that they have historically been an arms producing company for the U.S. Mil, so you get a little more authenticity with one! I don't know if they ever made 1911's during WW-II, but they surely made other arms!

Just a side note to your above thread, Auto Ordnance is the original maker of the Thompson submachine gun. :)

Yeah, I discovered their website after getting the AO. I may pick one up sometime down the road to see how they compare.

Some of the Inland parts may be sourced from Auto Ordnance. The slide stop, for example, with the little flat on the rod end. Inland states their product is made in USA. Some cars and vacuum cleaners say "made in USA" when they actually contain a certain amount of foreign sourced parts. My knowledge doesn't extend to that detail re. Inland parts. I've had one of the Inlands, an early one, in fact, SN 002XX, and it was well-made, tight, accurate, and fired without flaw. Someone else has it now but not because there was anything wrong with it.

Auto Ordnance 1911's, I've owned two many years ago. One in .45 ACP and another in .38 Super. The Super was a complete disaster and I can only hope they are doing a better job on their product these days. The .45 I don't remember which probably means it wasn't a problem gun of any note.

That's how human memory often goes. The really nice ones, we remember. The real stinkers bore deeply into our memory. But the ones in the middle mostly merge into a miasma of forgettable stuff. In my case, this even applies to human beings.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top