JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone shooting one of the newer Auto Ordnance 1911A1BKO's? I am waiting on mine from Sportsman's Warehouse and was hoping to hear some feedback from anyone shooting one. I liked the closeness to the WWII 1911's and it fit in my price range. I did get the one with the wood grips instead of the plastic. Thanks in advance, TW.

I picked one up years ago and it shot good right out of the box.
The trigger was not what I was use to so I took to a local gunsmith and had a trigger job, removed the fire pin safety and replaced the cheap cast parts with Wilson parts.
Now the pistol feels and shoots like my Colt 1911 and I still only have around $450 in to it.

Thanks, that's what I was looking to hear. I also read in some reviews the trigger was gritty so, I will probably have that reworked. Would you mind sending me a list of the cast parts you replaced?

image.jpg Here is a picture of everything that was replaced and removed

Excellent! I'm going to put plenty rounds down range with it first before changing anything but, I know me and will eventually start replacing things. :)

If the hammer block is the difference between the series 70/80 I can live with it. I know I'll never have an exact copy but, this one sure looks nice for the price and I like that I can make subtle changes without spending a fortune. Appreciate all the replies! TW

I have an Auto Ordinance 1911A1 and it is a great value. The pistol has quite a few rounds through it, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone who was looking specifically for a WW2 reproduction . But if you're looking for a defensive pistol with decent sights for a primary handgun...go buy a Glock...

And the Auto Ordinance is made in the USA, and close to what John browning designed.

If only Springfield offered a version of their "Milspec" with classic vertical cocking serrations... I don't see why they had to import frames and slides for their "GI" from Imbel when they damn well have everything they need to do their own right here.

I have a RIA "GI" series but as mine is the smaller Officer's model it has a more modern 'Commander' style hammer. it has the GI sights for sure. I like it, it is series 70, but I have had series 80 and they do not scare me....as long as I don't have to reassemble them that is. Takes me forever, but they shoot just fine. The full size has the early spur.

Range day w/Auto Ordnance 1911A1BKOW. 25rnds of Sellier/Bellot and 25rnds of Winchester white box. 50rnds total for the AO. Shot at 33ft and she was dead on! Love this 1911!! Only 50rnds today but, there were no issues. Trigger felt a little loose to me but, I will look a little more at it.

First 7rnds of Sellier/Bellot at 33ft:

sKGhHZw.png

First 7nds of Winchester white box at 33ft, I pulled the last one left:

zqJro0Z.png

We stock several varieties of their 1911 pistols (and m1 carbines) and we don't have any complaints. Great value, and they have some cool WWII tribute pieces coming out right now that are real nice.

Last Edited:
I was looking at some of those on their website. Very tempting! I am very happy with this one so far and plan to keep for a long time. It will not be a carry piece but, I plan to shoot the heck out of it. :) Outside of the trigger, I don't plan on changing anything else on it either.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top