JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Decided to finally try to clear out the attic. I dont think anyone has been up there in 20ish years. I found some of the most absolute worthless bubblegum you could ever find, like a set of encyclopedias from 1979, to some of the most godawful plastic flowers and wrapping paper, tons of wrapping paper. I did find some neat things, like a box of records including 12 Beatles albums and these are not reprints.
I also dug up the remanding Indian stuff I had. There was about 40 pieces, some in not the best shape and it looked like a rodent got to it. There were though some beautiful items including 6ish pares of moccassons, 2 pipes, some Ivory, I think...and this was the best that I thought

20191009_165637.jpg 20191009_165655.jpg

Neat-o. I know very little about Native American edged weapons; is this one of 19th century vintage or a modern repo?
Can't say 'bout the one in the OP...'cause it ain't mine ( Jealous :D )
Here is a original one from the 1860's or 1870's...
( The middle axe )
The head is original , the shaft is a modern made replacement.
Andy
DSC06777.jpg

Very neat history. (Your jest reminded me of in my line of work there is a joke about an "end-user adjustment tool" that is basically network cabling braided into a cat'o'nine tails. :p)

It a newish made club , made from Osage Orange ...its a copy of a Plains Indian War Club...also does duty as a "attitude adjuster" for my students....:eek: :D
( Just kidding with that last bit....)
Andy

In the old days of black and green chalkboards, a Coup Stick and a Thowing Stick for hurling pieces of chalk cross the classroom would have been formidable tools of instruction :p

Yeah I've seen examples of the long staff like ones. But here is another picture of a Plains Indian Coup Stick:

View attachment 623494

Very nice..!
I've made a few like this short one you pictured...they are a fun project to undertake...
Gave or traded them away...so I made the Osage club in my earlier picture to replace those ones....:D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads