JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Decided to finally try to clear out the attic. I dont think anyone has been up there in 20ish years. I found some of the most absolute worthless bubblegum you could ever find, like a set of encyclopedias from 1979, to some of the most godawful plastic flowers and wrapping paper, tons of wrapping paper. I did find some neat things, like a box of records including 12 Beatles albums and these are not reprints.
I also dug up the remanding Indian stuff I had. There was about 40 pieces, some in not the best shape and it looked like a rodent got to it. There were though some beautiful items including 6ish pares of moccassons, 2 pipes, some Ivory, I think...and this was the best that I thought

20191009_165637.jpg 20191009_165655.jpg

Neat-o. I know very little about Native American edged weapons; is this one of 19th century vintage or a modern repo?
Can't say 'bout the one in the OP...'cause it ain't mine ( Jealous :D )
Here is a original one from the 1860's or 1870's...
( The middle axe )
The head is original , the shaft is a modern made replacement.
Andy
DSC06777.jpg

Very neat history. (Your jest reminded me of in my line of work there is a joke about an "end-user adjustment tool" that is basically network cabling braided into a cat'o'nine tails. :p)

It a newish made club , made from Osage Orange ...its a copy of a Plains Indian War Club...also does duty as a "attitude adjuster" for my students....:eek: :D
( Just kidding with that last bit....)
Andy

In the old days of black and green chalkboards, a Coup Stick and a Thowing Stick for hurling pieces of chalk cross the classroom would have been formidable tools of instruction :p

Yeah I've seen examples of the long staff like ones. But here is another picture of a Plains Indian Coup Stick:

View attachment 623494

Very nice..!
I've made a few like this short one you pictured...they are a fun project to undertake...
Gave or traded them away...so I made the Osage club in my earlier picture to replace those ones....:D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads