JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
<broken link removed>

Pdf from ATF website. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sure sounds like they are after more than saigas

Wow, no flash suppressors, no bayonet lugs, no grenade launchers, no folding or telescopic stocks, no forward rails, no forward pistol grips, no night sights or fiber optic sights (i think), no magazines greater than 5 rds, no detachable magazines, and limits on width, depth, and length.

sounds like they are limiting accessories. Is this essentially making it illegal to modify regular shotguns whatsoever?

On import firearms they DO, the 1989 import ban on "non sporting" firearms is still well in effect. Domestic guns WERE ban during the AWB that ran from 1994-2004 but it is gone now. So there is NO current law dealing with most rifles because they have a bore less then 0.50" and the ones that are over that already have to be DD registered. This is not to say they can not try and put another domestic ban in place. For shotguns the law IS in place and has been for a long time.

Not saying I agree but you need to understand what the law says so you can stay legal and try and change the bad laws.

If that ban on non sporting firearms is still in effect, do they just not uphold it very strictly? Ak's, and all sorts of assault rifles are imported daily. I guess i'm just confused a bit on that.

If that ban on non sporting firearms is still in effect, do they just not uphold it very strictly? Ak's, and all sorts of assault rifles are imported daily. I guess i'm just confused a bit on that.

They are imported in a "sporting" form. Have you ever seen an unconverted saiga?

All foreign evil black guns come to the US either in this form or just as a receiver/parts. Then US-based companies like Arsenal or Century convert them into their true form to sell to people. Pic related, a delicious SGL-31 (5.45 saiga converted by Arsenal)

WORD from the SAIGA-12 dealers is they are GONE GONE GONE. One saiga dealer buddy called every wholesaler/importer he knows including calling Russia direct :): ...that's all she wrote. They are cut off at the border. NO MORE ENCHILADAS.

IMHO throwing out practical shooting/3 gun competitions and not taking them into account when deciding if a particular firearm is used for sporting purposes based on the reason that no "in depth study" has been made is a bunch of BS.

If the study of these guns use in practical shooting competitions hasn't been made, then the final determination of whether or not they are sporting guns shouldn't be made either. They are just throwing out the one thing that debunks their ruling for the simple fact that it debunks their ruling. Outside of hunting, practical shooting competitions are the number one shooting sport today.

This was their statement on why they didn't take practical shooting competitions into account:

"Because a determination on the sporting purpose of practical shooting events should be made only after an in-depth study of those events, the working group determined that it was not appropriate to use this shotgun study to make a definitive conclusion as to whether practical shooting events are "sporting" for purposes of section 925(d)(3)."

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top