JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got the Hand guard for one of my ASR's. Here's some quick pics. Dog had to get in one to see what I was doing. They are dead simple to put on. Hardest part was getting that damn little spring out that keeps the barrel nut from sliding off. After I got the one off I went ahead and took it off the other 2 barrels I have too. Apparently the only purpose they serve is to keep you from losing the damn things. So put the guard on the 10mm Barrel to try and I do like it a LOT. I was hoping maybe since I took the retainer out I would be able to use the guard with the other barrels. I figured it was going to be a crap shoot since everything would have to be perfect between the barrels or it would not work. As I suspected when I put the .45 Barrel back it will probably not work. Locked back in there is just a hair of slop. Does not quite lock down. Would probably work but will not try it . On the 9mm barrel it was the other way. would not screw down far enough to line up. So bottom line is if I want the hand guard on each caliber I would have to set one to each barrel. I like it enough that I may well do so. If I do will mark each one so I make sure I grab the correct one before I head out to the range so I don't end up with the wrong one. I have been trying some BUIS I bought off Amazon and love them too. At close in "in house" range they are great. When I tried backing the targets off to the back of the range my aging eye's let me know again that open sights and me don't get along well any more. Even with some white paint on the front just too hard for me to see well. Does work great outside in the sunlight though. The BUIS do work great on these rifles though even just using the 1913 rail that comes with the gun. Doing it this way the sights are only about 7 inches apart but it still worked surprisingly well for me. I will be taking to leaving the one I keep for at home use with just the iron sights on it. FedEx is supposed to drop some 10mm ammo to me today so I can test fire the newest barrel!!:D
I do now have the parts to make both the .45 and 10mm complete drop in. To me is was well worth the extra cost to do it this way. Now I don't have to take the bolt apart to change calibers.

ASR.jpg ASR1.jpg

Went to the range with it tonight and it was FUN!!!! Works great, do like the new hand guard a lot too. Only down side is this set up for some reason wants to put a forward spin on the brass. Was having a hard time keeping them where I could get them. Wants to toss them out over the bench. Will have to see if an old brass catcher I have will work on it. Rifle does boot a little more but damn it was fun. This will be my new go to in the house set up for sure. Couple of 15 round groups below. One with the Reflex sight and one after I took it off to try with iron. Etrain get you one of these they are fun!

ASR10.jpg ASR10-1.jpg

Sweet :cool:

I like the look of that hand guard on there. I'll definitely need to consider adding it to mine. Looks like you had a lot of fun. I'm going to go ahead and polish my feed ramp this weekend and hopefully get it to the range soon. Fighting my schedule for months now.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top