JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was in the area visiting some family a couple weeks ago and stopped by here to check it out. All things considered it's a nice little spot, but in urgent need of a cleanup. A lot of left over target-trash and a sea of spent shotgun shells.

Busywild Instagram account calling for this shooting site to get closed down due to the garbage

6646A5F3-44A2-4497-A13E-EAB63CC21D7F.png

@Cogs @Reno Sounds like a prime candidate for another TNL session...
Most definitely is! Wish I could put it together this year, but can't fit one in.

I visited 3 sites in those forests earlier this year, with DNR, to evaluate potential improvements that could be made. This one was the best opportunity to make it more safe, user friendly, easy to clean up and desirable to shooters.

The only thing holding us back from doing any improvements is Corporate DNR in Olympia. They won't allow individual forest regions to do make their own decisions about what's best in their forests. So, nothing gets done.

Still, we can't let it go until it's so bad they close it down. We gotta keep up on routine maintenance.

Bill

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.