JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a bit different for this forum, I know, but I'm sure I'm not the only artistic (that's "art" not "aut") member here. So this thread can be a showcase for your artwork.

If you made it yourself (painting, drawing, sculpture, digital, wood carving, glassblowing, etc.) then post it here. NOTE: I'd like to keep this thread free of AI-generated art, that's a big thing right now, but here I'd like to focus on human-made art.

I'll start the ball rolling with an actual watercolor I did a few years ago. It's of a rock formation I saw in Cabo San Lucas.

Fortress Rock (watercolor, 6" x 9.5")

FortressRock.jpg

I'll post some of my other work here periodically, but I'd like to see stuff by others as well.

How about photography, non-photoshop type?
Yep. Photography is included. I use Photoshop to adjust contrast, exposure and such on shots I've taken, so I don't have a problem with that. If you took the shot, this is the place to post it.

The Pont du Gard, near Vers-Pont-du-Gard, southern France...

Took the photo while visiting there in 1999
(Asahi Pentax Spotmatic F 35mm SLR)...

Pont du Gard-photo.jpg

So I could draw it, around 2001 or so...
(pencil sketch on heavy stock)

Pont du Gard-sketch.jpg

As a civil engineer, Roman architecture, and specifically Roman aqueducts, fascinate me...

Last Edited:
1. Old barn,hawk color pencil
2. Star of India watercolor
3. my '49 Jaguar watercolor
4. a friend's trimaran on the Snake watercolor
5. early AM Chief Timothy dock watercolor

all were then scanned and sharpened for detail,

Barn and Hawk print.jpg fore sails 8 x 10 watercolour.jpg winter jaguar   8 x 10  JPEG.jpg mantis 10 x 13.jpg lite.jpg early raceday 10 x 12  brite waterclour.jpg

Last Edited:
Here is a graphite drawing I did of Hudson, my Porcupine Mastiff (it's not exactly AKC recognized, but he's had 13 porcupine encounters so far, so that's what I call him).

Hudson Drools (graphite, 8x10)
HudsonDrools.jpg

Yep. Photography is included. I use Photoshop to adjust contrast, exposure and such on shots I've taken, so I don't have a problem with that. If you took the shot, this is the place to post it.
Have used PS immensely to a ton of manipulation. Most of it I could do in Darkroom too though, so…

But this photo: no photoshop and very little post pro:

6FC32040-8917-4EB0-B72D-1C0D28BBDF52.jpeg
Specs:
1686568182622.png

Funny dumb moment: I left my remote shutter release at home accidentally, but really wanted this shot…so held down the shutter release for all 707 seconds…couldn't feel my finger for a bit afterwards.

Have used PS immensely to a ton of manipulation. Most of it I could do in Darkroom too though, so…

But this photo: no photoshop and very little post pro:

View attachment 1436416
Specs:
View attachment 1436417

Funny dumb moment: I left my remote shutter release at home accidentally, but really wanted this shot…so held down the shutter release for all 707 seconds…couldn't feel my finger for a bit afterwards.
Excellent shot!

Long exposures can be tricky. I've tried a few times to shoot a lightning storm, but the durn lightning always seemed to wait until the shutter was closed.

Here's a graphite drawing I did a looooong time ago. Really screwed up the ear, but everything else came out well.

Boudiccea (graphite 14x20)

Boudiccea.jpg

Also, here's one of the ads I'm running for my services, and a link to my site if you're interested.

NWFA-Banner_728x90.png

Portrait commission: Dreamer & Izzy.
Dreamer is an older dog, and Izzy is the new young pup. You can see the mischief in her eyes. I was given two different photos, one of each dog. I sketched the dogs together and went from there. Spent the longest time on those darn sheet folds (painting fabric is hard!).

Dreamer and Izzy (digital, 16x16)

Dreamer-Izzy_800.jpg

Been going through my old vacation photos and finding lots of inspiration for art.

Between commissions, I'm working on a series of paintings from our vacation in the Arches National Park area in and around Moab, Utah. I hate naming paintings so instead of "Purple Majesty" or similar tripe, I'm simply naming them "Arches" along with the particular photo I used as a reference.

This is the first one (finished it Monday).

Arches 2505 (digital, 30x48)

Arches_2505_thum.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews