JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One "caution" against the buy cases of Mosin idea is this: our recently installed Attorney General (BHO promised "change", didn't he?) has been on record of such mutterings of establlishing some sort of executive order calling for the banning of, and subsequent collection of, firearms of a type used by military and/or police. Sometimes the "difference" would be so silly as the S&W .357 revolver in stainless would be a civilian weapon, but paint the same stupid thing black and have S&W's "M&P" logo on the flank and suddenly its on their list to collect. Thus, the Mosin Nagants would, having been designed and used by/for military, by definition be on that forbidden list. I'm certain Ruger's Mini 14 Ranch, with the wood stock and plain-jane, would be a "tool" for the stockmen/sporting crowd. However, get the same hardward attached to a different stock and suddenly I'd own an "assault weapon", and would be required to surrender it. '

Thus, my present thinking is to stay with collecting an "arsenal" of varying "sporting" rifles of various calibers, most non-military but at the least military rounds in long sporting use, as the .30-06, .308, .223, even the 8mm Mauser. Thus, should they actually come calling to take up our firearms of the "military and police" classification (assuredly defined as loosely as possible) I'd have few, if any, to show them. However, a case of M-N military rifles, now, that would be a horse of a different colour. I'd far rather have weapons not likely to be classed as military and police than to have ones that are, and have to decline to admit to their presence... and then, should I be caught later on with them, suffer some rather unpleasant consequences. Stashing such a cache may or may not be difficult, or successful. Not to mention the paperwork ruckus such a purchase might stir up. I can imagine the appropriate personnel catching wind of such a transaction and making note of it against the day they might get orders to come round looking up such a stash. And I see all manner of older sporting rifles at the gun shows, many for well under the $200 mark, still serviceable. Sure, the case of M-N's would be simple and quick.. in the short run. But that route may well lead to early trouble further on. If I could obtain a case of them on a private sale from someone I was certain was not gang- or other such related (in other words, a "clean" transaction) I'd do it. But to talk to a dealer or some other trackable channel, well, that might be defeating the whole purpose before getting out of the gate. Such a transaction well may attract a level of attention (and record keeping) I'd rather avoid.

Then dont do it. Purchasing several Mosin Nagants over a period of time isnt that hard to do. Walking in a requesting a crate of rifles might bring undo attention. For example someone close to me went to a gunshop and requested 3 PTR91's. The guy behind the counter started acting squirrely. The customer asked if there was a problem, the guy started yammering on about why. The customer said they didnt need the BS so they went to another gunshop, same request. That guy walked the customer through the paperwork, made the call for background check, got the approval number, did his half of the paperwork, rang up the sale and politely asked if there would be anything else today and the customer said yes, go ahead and tack on 3 of those 500 round cases of ammunition too. All said and done one gunstore owner made a $4800 sale, and followed the law, the other gunstore owner wanted to be a secret squirrel for the state. When the proud owner of the new rifles made a detour on his way home to show the receipt to the first gunshop, the guy behind the counter didnt feel so confident in his initial assessment. Now which gunstore do you think the customer went to later on when he was ready to purchase 3 AR15's, and then after that several glock handguns? And what about the customers friends? Who do you think he warned his friends about, and who he highly recommended?

I say build your collection as big as you want just dont go telling everyone and thier grandma how many firearms you really have.

As long as your not a (BAD GUY) then you shouldnt have any problems. plus if your a real gun owner and belive in our right to bear arms then you relize we have that right so we can fight our goverment if need be, if they want my guns they will have to fight for them.....

Careful solowars, we dont want another hand wringing and fretting epidemic. No speaking about whats on your mind, this is a Political Correctness tightrope act. Seems there is a line of thinking among gun owners that the civilian disarmament crowd are only after certain firearms. Somehow if we just give them enough inches of "reasonable" gun control they will be happy and finally leave the right to bear arms alone. So many gun owners seem feel that its okay if they go after someone elses firearms as long as theirs are left alone. I wonder if that line of thinking helped those hiding in the Warsaw Ghetto when the trucks and soldiers arrived? Do reasonable people actually believe that something separates them from "less desirable's" that share the same right? Does a man wearing a suit and tie speaking his mind on a street corner, as is his first amendment right, hold any more validity than a homeless man in dire need of soap and water saying the exact same words? Is it somehow okay to infringe on the rights of some people for the greater good? At what point do Americans stand together and make it crystal clear NOT ONE MORE DAMN INCH?

No you better watch it, giveing them any ground will result in all our firearms taken.

i will fight till my last breath if it comes to that. We have the right to bear arms so we can fight the goverment..... if we didnt have that amendent then we would still be ran by the french.

I hunt with clip/mag feed guns all the time, im sorry if i dont want to get stuck with a single shot rifle, but thats what will happend if we DONT stand our ground.

This isnt a time were you give a little to get a little in return, This is a time were we stand together AND ALL BEAR ARMS............... If you dont want to fight i would be more then happy to take all your guns off your hands so you dont have to worry....

Read any forum from the south, they are on the same page. If it comes to it we all should bug out as one, and fight as one.

There's an awful lot of M1 Garand's out there that have no traceability to the owner.

an that's a fact. I must have seen a couple dozen at the WAC Puyallup show... prices from about $700 to around $1200, with a few surprises so far out of the norm I wouldn't consider them the norm. Most looked in fair to middlin condition...... they ARE heavy buggers, though. But I suppose they do their job well, else they'd not have been used for forever by our military. Most were on the tables of private sellers.... no tax, no BG, no paperwork.... just show your WAC member card.....

SimonJester, I didn't mean to imply giving in to the creeps that want to place ANY more restrictions on what, when, and how we can acquire (keep) and use (bear) arms. Only that, given the present "atmosphere" out there, what I am doing I will be cagey about. Not illegal, no way. Cagey. Sure, if I find a handful of M-N's at a gunshow from a private seller, and have the jingle in pocket, I'll surely get them. AND the fodder to feed them, as available. And if the bozos come round calling for my "firearms" I'll hand them the rusty old Crosland pellet gun my friend gave me before he died, and the almost as rusty Savage 12 bore I've had forever.... and if I still have that broken old Cowboy .32, and am feeling generous, I may well toss that into the hopper as well. Anything further, and if they've got any "details" of what they think I should own, I'll simply look them in their crazed eyes and tell them "well, ya know, with the hard financial times YOUR government sold us into, I was forced to sell off everything of value. I've been spending quite a bit of time at gunshows recently...... all the rest is gone now." What can they do, besides tear the place apart? And they will NOT find anything, they won't...... but that "case of Mosin Nagants" will mysteriously appear from somewhere, to be put to work.

No you better watch it, giveing them any ground will result in all our firearms taken.

i will fight till my last breath if it comes to that. We have the right to bear arms so we can fight the goverment..... if we didnt have that amendent then we would still be ran by the french.

I hunt with clip/mag feed guns all the time, im sorry if i dont want to get stuck with a single shot rifle, but thats what will happend if we DONT stand our ground.

This isnt a time were you give a little to get a little in return, This is a time were we stand together AND ALL BEAR ARMS............... If you dont want to fight i would be more then happy to take all your guns off your hands so you dont have to worry....

Read any forum from the south, they are on the same page. If it comes to it we all should bug out as one, and fight as one.

Nope dont think so. Supporters of the 2A cant even agree on the merits of joining the NRA, or the GOA, or the JPFO. If they cannot stand united in the "soft" war, I guarantee they wont stand together when the stakes are much higher. They wont vote, they wont write to the editors of their local papers, they wont email their representatives at the state or national levels, they're lazy and apathetic at best. Seems the only effort they make to lift their collective snouts from the trough leading from the TV is to pound away at their keyboards bemoaning the injustice of it all and rabidly try to find someone else to blame. As for you offer to relieve me of my duty concerning me and my family's small arms, we actually know what they are for, and, well, practice makes perfect.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top