JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I've seen their various offerings on this score:

51283_Revolver_M206_38sp_leftangled.jpg

51289_Revolver_M206-Matte-Nickle_38sp_leftangled.jpg
51280_Revolver_M206-Parkerized_38spl_leftprofile.jpg

A six-shot, snub-nosed revolver, in .38 Special that can be had at $220—$280 a pop. They come in blued and stainless steel, with or without a hammer spur. If they work, they are tempting to buy a few to stash away for as a simple, reliable, short-range, defense tool.

The only RIA / Armscor I own at the present is a M1911A1 and that thing has been one of my best buys ever. However, apples and oranges, of course.

Anyone have experience with these? Good, bad, or ugly? Thanks.

I just picked up an Armscor M200; it's essentially same gun as the snubbies, just comes with a different grip and a longer barrel. So far I've only put 50 rounds through it so I can't speak to how it is for long term durability. The finish isn't the very good in its quality nor is the machining, but it was literally $190.xx brand new, so one shouldn't really expect much in those regards. Anyways, I didn't experience any problems (but again, 50 rounds isn't exactly a torture test) and it seems like a decent beater .38 with acceptable accuracy. It certainly doesn't feel quite so solid as a S&W model 10 so I'm curious to see how it holds up over time.

Last Edited:
Thanks much @raftman. I appreciate the feedback. I've been kicking around a "relatively inexpensive wheelgun that can be bought in quantity and stuff away for whatever." The Armscor snubs look like the fit the bill. I am seeing some police surplus S&W Model 10s that would fit the bill too. Anyway, it is not a pressing project, just something that is on the back of the mind.

I suspect it all turns out kind of like tools of any other sort. As a suburbanite that only needs tools to occasionally put together a piece of furniture or do minor work on my cars, a cheapie $25 (it was on sale) tool kit from Fred Meyer has served me for years without ever letting me down. If I were an actual tradesman that would get a lot of hard use out a set of tools, it would have been better to look elsewhere.

So those Armscor revolvers pictured seem to depict a Colt action, running clockwise. I've no experience with the revolvers, but the Citadel 1911 I had experience with was top notch.

I'd be curious about fit, finish and smoothness of the action... If they're halfway decent, 200.00-250.00 would seem reasonable... Besides, it sounds like they'll not receive heavy use...

Be sure to check cylinder lock up. Handled a new Armscor 38 that would not lock well—dangerous! I hope it was an outlier.
I opined in another forum that the German-made Weihrauch revolvers (EAA Windicator, Bounty Hunter SA) looked like good bargain-priced revolvers. One particularly obnoxious member flatly stated that he would buy an Armscor before the EAA. When I asked a simple, "Why?" I got crickets.

That's why this thread interested me.

Just about everything (aka: everything) I've read leads me to the conclusion that that dude is 100% full of beans.

General impressions are just from reading, because I can't find an example of either gun to handle, much less someone who actually owns one: The Windicator is heavy, basic, and lacks the finish refinement of the current "Big 3" US-made revolvers. It'll handle as many .357 rounds as you can for a good while, but will probably lose time after a few thousand big bangs. Rudimentary sights, not much, if any, aftermarket support, replacement grips and parts have to come through EAA. To me it kind of sounds about like my first GP100 in the late 80s: a tank of a gun, so-so trigger, disparaged by aficianados, no aftermarket. On the other hand, the .38spl Armscor piece reportedly feels and looks cheap, and has the same aftermarket and support issues... The End.

Yuma's pontification: I love revolvers, especially .38s and .357s. I have surplus M10s stashed all over the house. They usually run about $300 for a good one... about $50-$70 more than the Armscor piece new and money well spent, IMO. J frame Smith snubs don't cost much more brand new on sale if you don't mind the lightweight frame. The Taurus M85 is a better bargain than the RIA, but I would hesitate to buy one without handling it first (new management @ Taurus is well aware of their rep in both QC and CS and is cleaning house). The Armscor is just a no-go for me.

Cheap guns can be fun... if they work. There's also that intangible feeling of, "I totally got one over on these guys" that comes from getting a bargain. I feel it every time I shoot my 25 yr old Witness compact or my big SAR K2 45 (coincidentally, or maybe ironically, both imported and distributed by EAA also). If you can handle one, @CountryGent, I would give it a look. But nothing I've seen or read so far leads me to believe that the Armscor heaters are a diamond in the rough... just the opposite.

Thanks much @raftman. I appreciate the feedback. I've been kicking around a "relatively inexpensive wheelgun that can be bought in quantity and stuff away for whatever." The Armscor snubs look like the fit the bill. I am seeing some police surplus S&W Model 10s that would fit the bill too. Anyway, it is not a pressing project, just something that is on the back of the mind.
That company has come a long way in the last many years. They are still of course still cheaply made but quality has come a long way as the tech improves. I personally would be very leery of these for what you are after though. Wheel guns are still a lot more intricate. They are still not as easy to crank out in mass as most of the auto designs. It's just a lot more work to make a wheel gun that is made well enough to shoot well and last a while. For what you are after I would either look at places that end up with a lot of old trade ins like J&G or such if you want wheel guns, or if new a few of the Skyy hand guns. Another advantage of the little autos is if it's "stuffed away" and gets forgotten too long. A wheel gun if it gets crud'ed up can be a major deal to get in action again. Where as something polymer like the Skyy? Get it all rusted up and it may be put back in action fairly simply. Not to mention if you are going to buy a few of the same gun you have spare parts. On the auto anyone who can use a screw driver without harming themselves can replace or swap parts from one to another. Most wheel guns this is not the case. For most of them many parts have to be fitted to the gun and many are not something it's easy to work on. Just some stuff to think on for this.

FWIW, I have a Taurus 856, a six shot snubbie as well and it's been a tank. I bought it used/unfired and it's with me 24/7 unless I go to town. I think they may be making them again but I'm not certain.

Between the Armscor or the EAA, I would go for the EAA just from general reputation. I'm also one of the few people who had bad luck with RIA's 1911's. (Three lemons in a row.) So I'll not patronize them again. I realize that my experience is somewhat uncommon, but it is what it is.

If you find an older Rossi......I encourage you to check them out. The action is like a S&W. So, a gunsmith versed in S&W will/could be/should be able to smooth it out without much of a problem (if that is what you want). Mind you, that the parts are not 100% interchangeable (though they look close).

The "other brands" (Charter Arms, Taurus, and etc...) have different internal workings. So, you can take your chances with that.

Of course, replacement parts or warranty work (although it should not be needed with a GOOD revolver) are a question. To ME......"Lifetime Warranty" if I'm paying for shipping, doesn't mean very much.

So, before buying (New or Used). Thoroughly check out your purchase.

Internet buying? Ahaaa.......maybe, I'll pass for a revolver (especially from a whatever brand mfn).

Aloha, Mark

PS....more info on Rossi: Amadeo Rossi - Wikipedia

The 3 here are mine. I bought them used. It wasn't easy to find them. The first and third pictures show my Rossi revolvers that are importer marked: Interarms (you know, Samuel Cummings and all that). The second picture is a Rossi-BrazTech.

.38 Special, five shot, in SS.
Rossi_38_Sp_M88.jpg
Rossi_Braz_Tech_R35202_or_M88.jpg

and the .357 Mag 6 shot in SS.
Rossi_357_mag_R46202_or_M877.jpg

That all being said....these are NOT my "first line revolvers".

Last Edited:
^ while that reviewer/YouTube personality is a likable enough of a person, and please correct me if I'm wrong, I think he may have a sponsorship (or something of the sort) relationship with Armscor, so I'd be wary of a bit of bias.

That said, I couldn't find anything he's said that I've found to be demonstrably false so far in regards to the M200.

Also, I mentioned having picked one up, but neglected to provide a pic, so time to correct that oversight.

51277FE2-83D9-45E8-BB8A-C1FBDE649508.jpeg

Personally I wouldn't want to step below Taurus quality, I stick with S&W and Ruger with wheel guns unless I find a great price on a used Taurus. Taurus revolvers are actually pretty good but the machining is definitely better externally on S&W and Rugers,that and used S&W's or Rugers can typically be had at New Taurus prices. That is really all the negative I can say for Taurus revolvers,in all other ways they exceed their price range in my experience and I've owned 7 of them over the years.(currently only have one and I plan on keeping it)

I've handled a few Rock Island revolvers and I can say I wouldn't buy personally the finish is lacking compared to other revolvers and the trigger pull leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. I think you would be hard pressed to beat a used S&W for quality to price ratio,all the S&W revolvers I have shot have been very accurate,even my buddies 640(older .38 Special model with 2" barrel,DAO).
Lockup also left something to be desired in my opinion,not terrible,just looser than a new gun should be and looser than I even like a used revolver to be,usable but there are plenty of better choices in my opinion.

I think a Rossi would be better and you can probably find a used one at a great price, current production is on par with Taurus quality for revolvers(which is pretty good in my opinion),used older models I would rate a very close second to S&W's.

BTW.....I thought that Taurus Firearms was warranted for it's lifetime.

Well.....Not Really.

Link: Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

REPAIR POLICY
Taurus USA is totally committed to the very highest standards of quality, dependability, and most of all customer satisfaction. The Taurus Unlimited Lifetime Repair Policy™ is a commitment to repair selected Taurus firearm models FREE OF CHARGE for the lifetime of the firearm. Should you need to take advantage of our repair policy, please follow the directions on the shipping instruction link and our work order form, which can must be printed out and shipped in with the firearm.

The Taurus Unlimited Lifetime Repair Policy extends to all Taurus USA firearm models in production prior to January 1, 2017.

This policy does not cover grips, sights, accessories, cosmetic defects after one year, or damage caused by customer abuse at any time. Taurus USA will not be responsible for these items.

TAURUS USA reserves the right to field strip, inspect and function test all firearms sent to TAURUS USA upon receipt or anytime thereafter. Customers will be provided an estimate for repair if such repair is not covered under the applicable Repair Policy.

Aloha, Mark

Saw in the title Armscor and came to look-see. My only experience with them was buying 5K of .22 bullets, 40gr. hollow point, that turned out to be not such a good deal. I can throw rocks more accurately than those things shoot. I sold 1K to a friend, before learning they were duds, and he wanted his money back. Second bit of experience. Their .22 rimfire blow up, I mean BLOW UP, while you're shooting them. I have a ten foot pole that stays between me and that name now.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top