JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My 14 yr old daughter is interested in taking lessons. Could be a one time thing or a new hobby. I'm a member at Tri County and tried calling multiple times but no one answers. Sent an email a few days ago but I'm sure they'll get to it this week.

Anyone here give lessons? I was surprised there isn't a sub forum here (I know it's not a firearm).

Thanks!

I'd just go to an archery range/club and or a parks and recreations or community college class for beginners.

If your daughter is interested in traditional / instinctive style of archery...
A good piece of advice is :
Consistently use the same "anchor point" ...and keep your focus on where you want the arrow to hit on the target.
Oh and....Lots and lots of practice...:D
Andy

Well, she had a blast! Lesson was half an hour and the instructed was very nice and friendly. And what a cool spot! Very nice retail store and just like the overall vibe they have going on.

Never even heard of this place and I drive by it on 99 every day. It's tucked away from the main street, but can't believe they've been there for over 30 years. I've lived on this side of town for 20 years.

Along with the lesson, she got an extra hour of free time. She used all but the last ten minutes and that was because her arms got tired and she started shooting all over the place. I took that as a very good sign!

Ironically, it was me using the cell phone. But I was taking pics and video for mom and her social media. The slow mo feature looks awesome.

She already picked out a bow at the store. lol. Out of stock but a new shipment is coming in "any day now".

Thanks for the recommendation ritz!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews