JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have you heard this on TV recently?
"Defund the police. They're corrupt and racist. The police are the poster of "institutionalized racism" in America."

Then this happens......

That video was from 2016. But, I bet that stuff like that still happens.

But, note (at the end) that he still claims to still be Anti-Police. Oh well.....

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Stole this from another poster:

_nc_ohc=QpxqgrL2hhUAX9CphNj&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

This works on multiple levels. Of course, you have to have seen both movies to understand the juxtaposition. It can be argued that it is a false dichotomy, and that would be true, but it is meant as ironic humor, not a logical debate. Nonetheless, this is what some people are proposing; that we have one or the other, not something in between.

I recognize the bottom panel as coming from Judge Dredd, but from what movie is the top panel captured?

Thank you, @The Heretic. I saw Judge Dredd, but never saw Demolition Man.
Wasn't all that interested in many Stallone films in the early 90s, and didn't get interested in Wesley Snipes until he did Blade...

Recognized Rob Schneider in both panels... Always thought of him as an early version of Steve Buscemi (even though Buscemi is a few years older)... :s0140:

Last Edited:
Demolition Man was silly and you would think not that plausible, but right now it is very germaine (in a way) to what we are experiencing; it is all about a police state where the police go the total opposite of Judge Dredd, and are "peace keepers" in the sense that they don't know how to handle violent criminals.

"...unless the first kick didn't teach you a damned thing..."

fixed it for ya. ;)

The BEST thing that could happen now is for the victim to see the perp walking around the next day. Having been bailed out by the big name rich people who are donating money to have people like this bailed back out of jail. Perfection would be to have the same guy robbed again by the same guy who just got bailed out. Since this is what he has been screaming that he wants. :s0140:

To be fair, people of color/etc. just want to be treated fairly, and many are not.

That said, "defunding" the police is not the answer, especially when it means (as in the case of Portland) eliminating funds for body cams (a good tool for accountability of both police and citizens).

Then there is the "leaders" telling the police to let people riot.

Then finally, the rioting.

None of that is is helping with misbehavior by law enforcement, it just further divides the citizenry and the police and entrenches everybody's stance.

The "defund" movement is a calculated effort to replace the current police force with political allies sympathetic to marxist ideals.

This isn't a new idea. It has been floating around for decades in the writings of communist revolutionaries.

And just a hint, these people that will be I'm charge of this "community based" policing, won't stay unarmed long.

The "defund" movement is a calculated effort to replace the current police force with political allies sympathetic to marxist ideals.

I don't know what is to be gained by that. If they wanted a trained and effective police force they could have stuck with who they had - the Portland PD seems willing to do what they are told so far. Granted, some percentage are quitting (I would too), but I haven't heard of any disobeying orders.

I don't think it is the front line troops that "they" are concerned about, it is the voters and businesses and the "protestors"/et. al.

The voters who don't live/work downtown may support this movement/etc., but businesses? No. They are hurt by this, and some of them are moving out.

So I am not quite sure of the effectiveness of letting this continue on the way it has, except maybe to scare people and then crack down - but it has gone on too long for that to be of any use; people will blame them for waiting way too long. A couple of weeks would have been more than sufficient.

Let the protestors, their leaders, etc., feel they have some power? To what end? Most of those people are not useful beyond being a tool for scaring the populace. Put them in power and they will gut downtown, drive businesses and residents out.

No - I don't see the endgame they are playing.

Seriously now folks. "Defund the police?". OK, in any profession there is good and there is bad. Most LE vetting is pretty comprehensive, but not perfect. And nothing is perfect. LE people are humans often confronted with the worst life has to offer. It takes a toll. Yeah, here and there some changes need to be made. But with all of that in mind, can you honestly offer a workable alternative? RESPECT is one of the strongest expression in our vernacular and most loosely used and understood. If we, all of us, our society, our culture, respect authority, we'll get it in return. I played Army in Vietnam and I saw bad, as did others on here. Did it make me a cynic, yeah for awhile. Did it make it impossible to live in society, for a bit, yes. But I wanted to be humane. I realized that I was a member of the humane race. And according to science, the biggest difference among us, is not skin color, not religious belief, not anything except blood type. So let's back off from characterizing others different from us. We need the authority of police and the military. They help us be somewhat free and still be individuals. Hey, who took my soapbox?

They don't want police forces, they want the States Police in effect, Martial Law.

There you go - I forgot about that. I was thinking that a while back; that some people would like to see either the state police (who do the Governor's will) and/or the federal police, and no municipal police or sheriff. Not sure how they intend to disarm/defund the sheriffs though, but they probably have a plan for that and the municipal police are a place to start.

Demolition Man was silly and you would think not that plausible, but right now it is very germaine (in a way) to what we are experiencing; it is all about a police state where the police go the total opposite of Judge Dredd, and are "peace keepers" in the sense that they don't know how to handle violent criminals.

Schneider's line when hearing the MDK (MurderDeathKill) call reminds me of the PPB's reaction to the Portland riots:

"We're the police... we're not equipped to deal with that kind of violence... "

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads