JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I bought a 3/8" thick, 16"x12" AR500 raw piece. It was intended to be a gong. Problem is, it didn't have holes to mount the gong, and as a result was really cheap! I thought I was getting a deal! My thought process was, I get it, drill holes in it, and I am set! Mistake!
I broke out my drill, drillbit, and went at it, not even a dent! Then I remember. AR500 is armor! Stupid me
Can anyone help? Waterjet, super duper drill owner, plasma owner, or someone who owns a 50 BMG, and can shoot two rounds at it so I can mount the darn thing!

Use a couple a C clamps

That could work, but I wondering if the banging isn't going to wiggle them off. Actually, I am sure that would actually occur if overtime welds failed under banging. Also the fact that the steel is really far from the shooting position means hiking there everytime the clamps wiggle off. But not a bad idea!

just lean it up against something and shoot it with a 50 BMG. instant hole.

Or... grinding wheel to one of the corners to make some deep grooves, the use some heavy gauge metal wire to wrap into the grooves then hang it from the wire.

I'll be working on a walk-in cooler at Pumpkin Ridge golf course tomorrow morning, and I have a oxy-acetylene cutting torch on my truck. I would be happy to burn a couple holes in it for you out in the parking lot if that'd be helpful.

That would be grand!
What time will you be there? PM'ing you!

Met Stomper, true gentleman, he went out of his way to help, and for that I am grateful. Plate's got two nice holes in it, ready to mount. I want everyone to know that Stomper is good to go!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top