JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
weirdest thing last night happened while building a buddys 18" rifle length SPR...

I definitely am not new to building AR style rifles.last night once we got the rifle all together,we went to put the BCG and Raptor handle in and the bolt would not lock into the barrel lugs... gun would not go into battery.

after about 10 min of head scratching we found that his gas tube measured 15.5" when it should be 15" (IIRC) not allowing the BCG to go into battery.

Am I crazy? could this just be a "well these things are mass produced and one coulda slipped thru QC?" have any of you guys ran into too long of gas tube? its a tube that he ordered from raineer. i guess at this point its time to drive to curts and see if they have one in stock and deal with raineer later.

That's news to me. All I've seen is the tubes end has been tapered with a slight bevel.

2013_10_10_18_47_03.jpg

news to me too. usually they are how you described. maybe this one was just a Fk up that got past QC. i felt better after purchasing a new one. will deal with raineer later... anywhoo it turned out to be an excellent build

After thinking about the bulbous tube end, maybe it was the BCG slamming into it that caused that to happen.
could have been. i just inspected the gas key. its ok. i swapped it into another rifle and shot a mag thru. BCG is ok. have yet to shoot the new rifle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top