JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,

I have a dumb question. This is my first build and it has been going great till now. I am stuck with a low profile gas block with a non-free floated barrel. I attached the barrel and torqued as stated, but the gas tube does not coincide with the holes in the low profile gas block. Not only that, but I don't have a roll pin to even pin it in place. All I got was the gas block, tube and round washer-like thing that I'm not 100% sure on. Please don't laugh. =(

Anyway, here's the pics:
DnJfSpq.jpg
1YEBfXm.jpg

As you can see, the hole that looks to be for a pin doesn't like up with the tube... Anyway, I'm not 100% what to do, so I thought I'd ask here. I've searched all over trying to figure it out and I just can't.

Thanks for any help!

If the gas tube will not line up with the block when it is in the receiver, the gas block is off spec. If the tubes pin hole does not march up to the hole in the block for the roll pin, it is again off spec.

Sounds like a cheap gas block. You may want to invest in something a little higher quality. Not all gas blocks are made equally.

Yeah looks like you got a chinese lame production run.
Either take it back or just trash it.
I've actually never seen that before.
If your in or around portland go to curt's shooter supply.
They pretty much have a store of AR parts better than most websites. I've been buying all my ar parts there and prices just as good as online which is unheard of.
Their guys are reall knowledgeable and helpful.

I'mdoing my first full AR build now too! Good luck

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top