JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SIA made some prototypes of one, but as far as I can tell, never got to market?

Has anyone seen an adapter for a SMLE to attach an AR15 style buffer tube?

100-5770-tm.jpg

Because, I want it
Please understand that this is strictly in jest.

You build that hideousity. And I'll bring a proper Enfield, a no.5 jungle carbine to be exact.

Then you and I take turns exchanging buttstrokes to the forehead.
This is simply one of many reasons why we're saying "NO!" to an AR/SMLE.

Once again, just kidding (am I?)

Wow. Whacky. But why not? Well, a friend had a shotgun with an AR butt on it and it sucked the way it distributed recoil.
Because of the way the butt attaches I can envision a wedge shaped adapter with a folding butt attached. Probably have to make it yourself.

No doubt the SMLE is an effective bolt action rifle. One with a short barrel and a folder would put a lot more firepower into about the same size package as an M1 Carbine with a folder. I see the point, but I can't stand the thought of the looks. (looks play a distant second to function, of course)

Please understand that this is strictly in jest.

You build that hideousity. And I'll bring a proper Enfield, a no.5 jungle carbine to be exact.

Then you and I take turns exchanging buttstrokes to the forehead.
This is simply one of many reasons why we're saying "NO!" to an AR/SMLE.

Once again, just kidding (am I?)
I have an Ishapore/RFI that has been cut down to a "jungle carbine", is missing the top end of the fore-end, and has had the rear sight cut so that it will take a Scout scope.

Not too worried about it ever being "proper" again. I want to lighten it and put a more comfortable buttstock on it, make it into more of a "truck gun".

I have an Ishapore/RFI that has been cut down to a "jungle carbine", is missing the top end of the fore-end, and has had the rear sight cut so that it will take a Scout scope.

Not too worried about it ever being "proper" again. I want to lighten it and put a more comfortable buttstock on it, make it into more of a "truck gun".
Did you ever get good with the scout setup, low power scope?
I tried a few different rifles and just never got the hang of it.

Did you ever get good with the scout setup, low power scope?
I tried a few different rifles and just never got the hang of it.
A scout scope is my go to optic setup on most long guns except bullpups and shotguns. My main problem is finding a 1x-Xx variable with enough eye relief. Almost all scout and pistol scopes start at 2X.

A scout scope is my go to optic setup on most long guns except bullpups and shotguns. My main problem is finding a 1x-Xx variable with enough eye relief. Almost all scout and pistol scopes start at 2X.
Most of the ones I got are cheaper.
I tried to go with fixed power only, after a few fails . Leaving the variable down on the lowest seemed to cause "fisheye" distortion for me. Slight, but annoying.

The only ones I know of are from Australian companies, and buying gun parts from Australia can be iffy.

Now, since it would be a custom job anyways, it would be about the same difficulty to do a sliding stock adapter for say an MP5/G3 buttstock or an adapter for an AK underfolder.

The only ones I know of are from Australian companies, and buying gun parts from Australia can be iffy.

Now, since it would be a custom job anyways, it would be about the same difficulty to do a sliding stock adapter for say an MP5/G3 buttstock or an adapter for an AK underfolder.
I think the answer would be to have an adapter made that had a pic rail on it, then buy one of those tubes/etc. that attach to the pic rail.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews