JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SIA made some prototypes of one, but as far as I can tell, never got to market?

Has anyone seen an adapter for a SMLE to attach an AR15 style buffer tube?

100-5770-tm.jpg

Because, I want it
Please understand that this is strictly in jest.

You build that hideousity. And I'll bring a proper Enfield, a no.5 jungle carbine to be exact.

Then you and I take turns exchanging buttstrokes to the forehead.
This is simply one of many reasons why we're saying "NO!" to an AR/SMLE.

Once again, just kidding (am I?)

Wow. Whacky. But why not? Well, a friend had a shotgun with an AR butt on it and it sucked the way it distributed recoil.
Because of the way the butt attaches I can envision a wedge shaped adapter with a folding butt attached. Probably have to make it yourself.

No doubt the SMLE is an effective bolt action rifle. One with a short barrel and a folder would put a lot more firepower into about the same size package as an M1 Carbine with a folder. I see the point, but I can't stand the thought of the looks. (looks play a distant second to function, of course)

Please understand that this is strictly in jest.

You build that hideousity. And I'll bring a proper Enfield, a no.5 jungle carbine to be exact.

Then you and I take turns exchanging buttstrokes to the forehead.
This is simply one of many reasons why we're saying "NO!" to an AR/SMLE.

Once again, just kidding (am I?)
I have an Ishapore/RFI that has been cut down to a "jungle carbine", is missing the top end of the fore-end, and has had the rear sight cut so that it will take a Scout scope.

Not too worried about it ever being "proper" again. I want to lighten it and put a more comfortable buttstock on it, make it into more of a "truck gun".

I have an Ishapore/RFI that has been cut down to a "jungle carbine", is missing the top end of the fore-end, and has had the rear sight cut so that it will take a Scout scope.

Not too worried about it ever being "proper" again. I want to lighten it and put a more comfortable buttstock on it, make it into more of a "truck gun".
Did you ever get good with the scout setup, low power scope?
I tried a few different rifles and just never got the hang of it.

Did you ever get good with the scout setup, low power scope?
I tried a few different rifles and just never got the hang of it.
A scout scope is my go to optic setup on most long guns except bullpups and shotguns. My main problem is finding a 1x-Xx variable with enough eye relief. Almost all scout and pistol scopes start at 2X.

A scout scope is my go to optic setup on most long guns except bullpups and shotguns. My main problem is finding a 1x-Xx variable with enough eye relief. Almost all scout and pistol scopes start at 2X.
Most of the ones I got are cheaper.
I tried to go with fixed power only, after a few fails . Leaving the variable down on the lowest seemed to cause "fisheye" distortion for me. Slight, but annoying.

The only ones I know of are from Australian companies, and buying gun parts from Australia can be iffy.

Now, since it would be a custom job anyways, it would be about the same difficulty to do a sliding stock adapter for say an MP5/G3 buttstock or an adapter for an AK underfolder.

The only ones I know of are from Australian companies, and buying gun parts from Australia can be iffy.

Now, since it would be a custom job anyways, it would be about the same difficulty to do a sliding stock adapter for say an MP5/G3 buttstock or an adapter for an AK underfolder.
I think the answer would be to have an adapter made that had a pic rail on it, then buy one of those tubes/etc. that attach to the pic rail.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top