JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I decided to build my second AR "platform" firearm. My fist was a rifle and now I am interested in building a pistol version. I don't wanna go through and pay for a SBR, so I have decided to go with a pistol instead. That way if needed, I can conceal carry it, I don't have to worry about anything when/if I travel... unless I am going to a restricted state. It will just be a nice PDW/pistol for range use..... maybe home defense if needed. Depending on how things go, I might get the SB15 also.

20131207_135337_zpsrxik0zmo.jpg

Just ordered this 10.5" RXA15 from Red X Arms.

BARREL - 10.5" 4150 CMV STEEL HBAR/HEAVY CONTOUR BARREL. HARDENED TO 26-32 RC AND STRESS RELEIVED. CHAMBERED IN 5.56 NATO (ALSO ACCEPTS .223 ROUNDS). 1-7 RH TWIST 6 GROOVE BUTTON RIFLED. .750 UNDER GAS BLOCK. MICOR INDUSTRIES FLASH HIDER AND CRUSH WASHER. M4 FEEDRAMPS. NITRIDE COATED.

A3 FLAT TOP UPPER RECIEVER - MADE FROM CERTIFIED 7075-T6 ALUMINUM FORGINGS. BLACK HARDCOAT ANODIZED TO GOV. SPECS. PROPER "T-MARKS" ON RAILS. FORWARD ASSIST AND DUST COVER INSTALLED. M4 FEEDRAMPS.

GAS SYSTEM - SINGLE TOP RAIL GAS BLOCK MADE FROM AIRCRAFT QUALITY ALUMINUM AND BLACK HARDCOAT ANODIZED. CARBINE LENGTH GAS TUBE.
HANDGUARDS - FREE FLOATING CARBINE LENGTH QUAD RAIL HANDGUARD. MADE FROM AIRCRAFT QUALITY ALUMINUM AND BLACK HARDCOAT ANODIZED.

2b223e25-797a-4fde-b27b-f53a0cb3b308_zps3b896740.png

I am almost done with the Anderson Mfg. lower. I just need some parts to finish it off.

I have the fallowing parts on the way
-ST-T2 buffer and spring on the way.
-RRA pistol buffer tube.
-Rear plate (RH single sling mount)
-The LBK is a none brand name (good quality, Mil. Spec.) kit.
-BCM gunfighter mod 4 charging handle (medium).
-AIMsurplus brand M-16 BCG (SP and MPI).
-Aluminium front and back folding sights (none brand but they looked nice online lol).

20131216_014151_zpsabdfcjxt.jpg

Here's my question to those who have used the SB-15: how often do you actually strap it to your wrist? Conversely, how often does it "accidentally" rest against your shoulder? I ask because I strapped one on at a gun show and it seemed awkward if you try and hold the gun normally.

Here's my question to those who have used the SB-15: how often do you actually strap it to your wrist? Conversely, how often does it "accidentally" rest against your shoulder? I ask because I strapped one on at a gun show and it seemed awkward if you try and hold the gun normally.
the reason may be because of the angle of an OEM PG.
The Umbrella Corp PG is much more vertical (for AR pistols) so that you get better farfenugen!

Yeah... depending how it goes, I might get the Magpul MOE K2. I like the Umbrella Corp one, but I think the K2 will fit my large hands better.

As far as the SB15 goes, If I can get away and be comfi with my current setup, I'll keep it. I can shoulder the lower pretty good, and once I have my body armor on, I think I can get away with not getting the SB15........ but I'm leaving that option open for the future.

I am also building something similer. I am looking for the legality of the different options on either a short barrel rifle or the pistol route with that Sig brace. I was told by a dealer and I dont know if its true or not but he said I can put a pistol upper on a rifle lower and it makes a short barrel rifle. Anyone know if that is true? Also if a short barrel rifle is legal can I put a broomstick on it as well?
Any help will be usefull.

I am also building something similer. I am looking for the legality of the different options on either a short barrel rifle or the pistol route with that Sig brace. I was told by a dealer and I dont know if its true or not but he said I can put a pistol upper on a rifle lower and it makes a short barrel rifle. Anyone know if that is true? Also if a short barrel rifle is legal can I put a broomstick on it as well?
Any help will be usefull.
A short barrel rifle is definitely not legal without a tax stamp.

To legally build a pistol you must assemble it from a lower that was never built as a rifle. Once first built as a pistol, you can convert it to a rifle (barrel over 16") and back to a pistol.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top