JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's what was thinking about doing, but it's my first build and I'm impatient..I'll probably try and source the part I need locally and order a couple kits just for gp

I got frustrated when I had the detent
springs go flying several times. I found some springs and detents on the floor a few months later. I ordered a few detents with springs off of EBay.

Yep, a opps kit is a very good idea. Several big outfits sell exactly what you will need in different sizes, types and shapes. In a pinch your local hardware store probably has generic stock or close replacements that can be fabbed to made to work. Small whole drill bits, various springs and other goodies work just fine building your trusty AR. You do not need stainless steel roll pins. Some hardware stores even stock many sizes of taper pins.

Helpful AR15 builders tip number 999. Consider a lightly used very thin painters drop cloth, (transparent) or a dry cleaners garment over sack. Very thin. Easy to drape over and surrounding your build while tiny parts under spring tension fly off and do not get lost in the carpet.

hundreds of AR15 builds. uncounted beater M16 rebuilds. Long ago, far away.

Sporting Systems is closed Monday
Try Limitless America in Washougal or SafeFire in Camas if you are burning to get that part. Brimstone Gunsmithing is downstairs at SafeFire. They might have one also.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top